Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Ford Vs Kia - Who Copied Who?

jeebowhite

:o i want!! :wub:

Yup, some of the US Fords sure do have a certain presence about them.

2013_ford_taurus_f34_11-ny-as_419111_717.jpg

Sorry for hijacking Jeebowhite. ;) Back to Kia vs Ford

S'alright Paul, what Ford is that anyway, it does have a mean presence about it!

S'alright Paul, what Ford is that anyway, it does have a mean presence about it!

Thats the Taurus.

And yeah seeing the ford edge or Taurus in your rear view mirror would have a different presence than their British equivalents - the kuga and mondeo.

Anyway, has anyone spotted an optima out on the roads yet, or have they not quite arrived here yet?

Yeah very true... I just want to see Kia's "mean" car, I know hyundai did one, cant recall its name (saw it on display in the local shopping centre a few weeks ago). sporty and slightly mean looking, so cmon Kia, give us your best war face! lol

Hi, yeah I was looking at the Hyundai I20 instead of the Fiesta, but when I sat in the I20 it just didnt feel anything but functional, I felt nothing about the car other than it was cheap and econimical. Then I looked at the fiesta and as soon as I sat in one it felt like a drivers car and everything felt right where it should be, also the external design gives the ford loads more personality. By the time ford had done discounting the fiesta 1.6 TDCI Zetec S was like 100 quid more than the I20 1.4 diesel and your getting a real car not some assimilation of one.

Another thing to keep in mind is your keeping Europeans in work and keeping your money within europe/america, I think its time we bought more selectively can't see the future in shipping jobs to Korea, China and Japan when we need them here!

Maleforce, I see what you mean, I know the i20 is probably designed more as a "reliable" car, and unfortunately perhaps its looks were traded a little. I can see why you prefer the fiesta, what range of the i20 where you looking at, was it more Style, Zetec, or Titanium type spec as Ford would be? i.e. did you get zetec s for zetec s price, or did you get a zetec s for £100 more than the i20 "titanium" equivelant?

Lots of cars look extremely similar... look at this for example! They all have a similar shape and the way the window line towards the back of the car goes up...

73jbti.jpg

Maleforce, I see what you mean, I know the i20 is probably designed more as a "reliable" car, and unfortunately perhaps its looks were traded a little. I can see why you prefer the fiesta, what range of the i20 where you looking at, was it more Style, Zetec, or Titanium type spec as Ford would be? i.e. did you get zetec s for zetec s price, or did you get a zetec s for £100 more than the i20 "titanium" equivelant?

It was the I20 blue 1.4 CRDI model 90 PS which is the eco model which is 13,345 and i paid 13380 for the fiesta 1.6 diesel Zetec S which to me seemed a much nicer car.

It was the I20 blue 1.4 CRDI model 90 PS which is the eco model which is 13,345 and i paid 13380 for the fiesta 1.6 diesel Zetec S which to me seemed a much nicer car.

Oh yeah I paid cash so got about 1700 off the price but was told at Hyundai they dont discount as there cars are base price already! I dont think ford are doing them selves any favors by having a high list and they dicounting big time they be better just having a lower price to start with, as they must put off people concidering choosing ford cos on paper there so much more expensive.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club