Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Fiesta USB problem

Ok I have had my new fiesta for a week now and its went fine. Today when I got into the car for some reason my ipod could not be recognised by the car even though it was plugged in and had always worked fine previously. Then when I went to remove the Ford ipod adapter cable from the cars USB port, a little bit of plastic came loose and broke out of the inside of the cars USB port. Now I am really worried as I'm afraid it will be very expensive to get a new USB port fitted in my car. Do you guys thin it will be expensive?

Ok I have had my new fiesta for a week now and its went fine. Today when I got into the car for some reason my ipod could not be recognised by the car even though it was plugged in and had always worked fine previously. Then when I went to remove the Ford ipod adapter cable from the cars USB port, a little bit of plastic came loose and broke out of the inside of the cars USB port. Now I am really worried as I'm afraid it will be very expensive to get a new USB port fitted in my car. Do you guys thin it will be expensive?

Ring your dealer, as the car is brand new they should fix it under warranty

Do you guys think it is likely to be a difficult time-consuming job to fit a new USB port in the car? I am taking it to my dealer tomorrow to see what they can do for me.

• 4 years later...

Do you guys think it is likely to be a difficult time-consuming job to fit a new USB port in the car? I am taking it to my dealer tomorrow to see what they can do for me.

Did you resolve the problem, as I have the same issue on a 2013 model