Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Smart Service Plan

Sara Fiesta
聽Share

Hi guys, ford has offered me this service plan 3,4 or 5 years ranging from monthly payments of 拢18 for 5 years , 拢20 for 4 years and 拢22 for 3 years anyone gone for this is it good value?馃槼

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sara Fiesta

• cuke

• catch

• NorthSussex

Hi guys, ford has offered me this service plan 3,4 or 5 years ranging from monthly payments of 拢18 for 5 years , 拢20 for 4 years and 拢22 for 3 years anyone gone for this is it good value?

It does depend what it covers, if it鈥檚 just servicing there is probably no advantage to paying for each annual service, you need to see if any extras above the annual service are covered.

10% Discount on Parts and after 3 year free mot's also free winter checks or check before long journeys.

For the next 3 years parts should be coved by the warranty on the car, so no savings there; you won't need an MOT until year 3; find out how much each annual service would cost over the next 3,4,or 5 years and see how it works out compared to the cost of the plan, I would be surprised if the deal they are offering would save you any cash, but you wouldn鈥檛 have any annual large bills; alternatively open a building society account and put in 拢20 per month to cover car running costs and get a little interest on your money. The other option is to use an independent garage for you servicing, as they are usually less expensive than a Ford main agent.

Good luck with the maths. <_<

I never looked at it like that! I won't need parts as it all covered for 3 years! I think the 拢20 into a bank is a great idea and that's what I'm going to do.

Cheers. 馃槉

A paid for extended warranty on a new car is just like an extended warranty from any retailer, they play on your fears to twist more money out of your wallet.

I have never taken an extended warranty on anything and have no intention to ever do so.

save the money in your bank and have it handy for any emergency not just the car.

I never looked at it like that! I won't need parts as it all covered for 3 years! I think the 拢20 into a bank is a great idea and that's what I'm going to do.

Cheers.

A wise choice!

All the best.

I have a service agreement with my dealer, that covers all standard service costs, including parts for three years at 拢16.75 per month. This fixed the price at 2011 prices.

It works out a bit cheaper when you take into account RPI, but not a lot.

I have a service agreement with my dealer, that covers all standard service costs, including parts for three years at 拢16.75 per month. This fixed the price at 2011 prices.

It works out a bit cheaper when you take into account RPI, but not a lot.

thats cheaper than my quote of 拢22 !

Ahh they tried it on you as well! The guy at the service desk in TC Harrison tried his best with me today too.

The 拢20/month into an account sounds like the best option to me. Personally, I'll just deal with the cost at the time.... one less monthly bill to worry about!

Ahh they tried it on you as well! The guy at the service desk in TC Harrison tried his best with me today too.

The 拢20/month into an account sounds like the best option to me. Personally, I'll just deal with the cost at the time.... one less monthly bill to worry about!

Lol they talk a good talk I had a job leaving they were trying hard bless 'em 馃槉

You have to think, who's account should the money be in earning interest? Yours or Ford's?

Hi, sorry but not all parts are covered for three years, trim is not included, and you'll be suprised what parts Ford call trim, neither are parts under wear and tear. It is just a deal that stop you having to fork out the one off payment, as it is interest free it I went for it otherwise I would have had the service, tax and insurance all to pay out at the same time.

Chris

You have to think, who's account should the money be in earning interest? Yours or Ford's?

Pray what interest do you think 拢20 a month would really give you?

Chris

Chris

Just a little more than you would get from Ford, which would be zero.

Before you do the maths you have to consider this: for what is actually done on your motor, service charges on one to three year old cars are usually a rip off at main dealers.

Because forgetting trim and acceptable component wear and tear, the rest is covered under the manufactures three warranty.

So basically interim services , those are the annual services carried out on your motor at the end of years one and two are nothing more than an oil and filter change. OK you may get your door catches lubricated, but that is no big deal while the mechanic is waiting for the old oil to drain from the sump. Oh and a "visual check" maybe of the brakes with the wheels on. The service scheduled indicates it should be a "Wheels Off" inspection every second year, but you would be a mug to believe that's going to happen. If you want your brakes checking properly and cleaning out of same the wheels need to come off period. And for that to happen they will charge you extra, along with additional charges on top of that charge for any replacement parts needing renewing.

Major service [done every rolling third year] is basically the above, plus renewing the Air Filter and Spark Plugs, and if your lucky you may get your pollen filter replaced. In the service schedule for the Mk2 Focus the pollen filter is down for replacing every second year. But I found my October 2005 reg Focus was still running on the original pollen filter back in February 2011. And that was on a vehicle tagged as a " Franchise Approved" vehicle bought from a Ford Main Dealer back in October 2009.

Anyway a Major Service on cars over three years old or above is 拢129 at my local Ford Dealer. So there you go a 拢99 + 拢99 + 拢129 = 拢327 divided by 36 months = 拢9.08 per month.

Me, I have my car serviced by an independent mechanic I have used for years. Five months after I bought it from the Ford Dealer with whom I had agreed they where to undertake a Major Service prior to delivery. I had my mechanic take the wheels off and service the brakes [prior to a belt down the motorway to Cornwall] and just like the pollen filter they had never been touched.

You know the bit they say in the sales blurb about it having a wash and vac after servicing..........I reckon your safe assuming you will get that done :rolleyes:

Remember it's a proven fact, that cynics are right nine times out of ten :ph34r:

Before you do the maths you have to consider this: for what is actually done on your motor, service charges on one to three year old cars are usually a rip off at main dealers.

Because forgetting trim and acceptable component wear and tear, the rest is covered under the manufactures three warranty.

So basically interim services , those are the annual services carried out on your motor at the end of years one and two are nothing more than an oil and filter change. OK you may get your door catches lubricated, but that is no big deal while the mechanic is waiting for the old oil to drain from the sump. Oh and a "visual check" maybe of the brakes with the wheels on. The service scheduled indicates it should be a "Wheels Off" inspection every second year, but you would be a mug to believe that's going to happen. If you want your brakes checking properly and cleaning out of same the wheels need to come off period. And for that to happen they will charge you extra, along with additional charges on top of that charge for any replacement parts needing renewing.

Major Service [done every rolling third year] is basically the above, plus renewing the Air Filter and Spark Plugs, and if your lucky you may get your pollen filter replaced. In the service schedule for the Mk2 Focus the pollen filter is down for replacing every second year. But I found my October 2005 reg Focus was still running on the original pollen filter back in February 2011. And that was on a vehicle tagged as a " Franchise Approved" vehicle bought from a Ford Main Dealer back in October 2009.

Anyway a Major Service on cars over three years old or above is 拢129 at my local Ford Dealer. So there you go a 拢99 + 拢99 + 拢129 = 拢327 divided by 36 months = 拢9.08 per month.

Me, I have my car serviced by an independent mechanic I have used for years. Five months after I bought it from the Ford Dealer with whom I had agreed they where to undertake a Major Service prior to delivery. I had my mechanic take the wheels off and service the brakes [prior to a belt down the motorway to Cornwall] and just like the pollen filter they had never been touched.

You know the bit they say in the sales blurb about it having a wash and vac after servicing..........I reckon your safe assuming you will get that done :rolleyes:

Remember it's a proven fact, that cynics are right nine times out of ten :ph34r:

Catch, thats a fantastic post, very clear and I agree with every word, well done!

Chris

Better in my bank than theirs.

Just a little more than you would get from Ford, which would be zero.

Exactamundo.

I'd rather save for my rainy day and not theirs.

In defence of my local dealer with my last Focus which I had for two years, on both the first and second service the pollen and air filters were changed. The car felt brand new again as everything appeared to have been tightened up, including the steering and they valeted it inside and out. With the latter, if I had known, I wouldn't have bothered cleaning it first myself, however it was still much cleaner after they had finished with it.

It made a change to actually feel a difference after having a car serviced, as I never really experienced this with other garages.

Hi, it is a individuals choice. No good citing what is good or bad about a garage because we have all had our own experiences and they won't apply to everyone.Two owners can take their vehicles in to the same garage but both can come out with a opinion poles apart. I prefer to have my car serviced at Ford for two reasons, it is across the road from me and I prefer to have my service book stamped by them for resale value. I'm not planning on keeping mine for much more than 2-3 years anyway, then the plan gets transferred to my next vehicle.

Chris

Hi Folks

Iam doing a scheme at work that i put 拢20 a month away for 3 years.

I can buy shares or take the money at the end of the agreement.

Best bit about it is that i dont have to pay income tax on that money or national insurance and nor do i pay any other tax when the account matures.

See if ure work does a similar scheme (i work for morrisons and its with the yorkshire bank)

Jamie

They said the services would cost me 195 standard and 295 major, by the way like the post Catch 馃槉

Hi, that doesn't sound right to me at all. If I get the time I'll check out the prices at my local dealership...

Chris

It's worth checking those service costs at a couple of good recomended independent garages in your area, 3 quotes in total is always a good idea; I would hope for a saving on those Ford main dealer prices.

I will check other garages, also them prices were given to me in comparison with the smart plan service and savings I can make, by the way Ford have tried contacting me 6 times today and left messages desperate or what to sell me this plan!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club