lodav2011

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Name: louis
  • Ford Model: fiesta titanium
  • Year: 2009

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:15 PM

you would be wasting your money, if you had a derv then you would get some thing out of it but you dont

#4 fordieashx

fordieashx

Ford Traitor

• PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Name: Ashleigh
  • Ford Model: Ex Fiesta Zetec S 30th Anniversary Owner
  • Year: 2008

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:33 PM

Not very much tbh, just looked at the Bluefin chips and on my mk6.5 zetec s it'd only increase by 9bhp for £250, pointless in my opinion.

or you could just upgrade to a 1.4 or zetec s.... :rolleyes: :D

#5 dLockers

dLockers

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Name: Steve
  • Ford Model: Ford
  • Year: 2006

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:47 PM

Not very much tbh, just looked at the Bluefin chips and on my mk6.5 zetec s it'd only increase by 9bhp for £250, pointless in my opinion.

9hp is quite a lot tbf...

#6 b1g_dav3

b1g_dav3

Ford Enthusiast

• 2,498 posts
  • Name: David
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
  • Year: 2013
Contributor

Posted 17 March 2012 - 06:18 PM

Agreed 9bhp is over 10% gain.

#7 DouglasB

DouglasB

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk6 Fiesta Zetec S

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:01 PM

Not very much tbh, just looked at the Bluefin chips and on my mk6.5 zetec s it'd only increase by 9bhp for 250, pointless in my opinion.

Been looking at bluefin for a while and even though standard with map is only 9bhp a lot of people are saying with just a K&N air filter it'd be 12-15bhp.. And with that, 4-2-1 branched manifold, sport cat and sporty exhaust you'll be looking at 20-25bhp increase depending on how good the manifold etc was.. So an extra possible 25% increase for only 250? Seems good 😃 :)

#8 b1g_dav3

b1g_dav3

Ford Enthusiast

• 2,498 posts
  • Name: David
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
  • Year: 2013
Contributor

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:11 PM

K&N filter will probably do nothing, as much as people love to go on about these gains, they do relatively little. Yeah a complete exhaust system may see a decent boost and again a remap on top, but honestly it's all a bit pointless.

The exhaust system I'd imagine would cost a grand if you could find someone to make you the manifold; unless you turbo-charge you'll get very little and have spent a lot. Let's face it by the time you've done all that, you're as powerful as a 1.25, you're noisy and you're going to have to tell Mr. Insurance that you've modified your car a good deal; may as well just buy a 1.4 or 1.6 in that case, probably lower in insurance too that way.

If you have the lower power 1.25, I heard of a company that managed to put on the other 1.25 map, but then again you're still not really gaining much.

#9 DouglasB

DouglasB

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk6 Fiesta Zetec S

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:03 AM

K&N filter will probably do nothing, as much as people love to go on about these gains, they do relatively little. Yeah a complete exhaust system may see a decent boost and again a remap on top, but honestly it's all a bit pointless.

The exhaust system I'd imagine would cost a grand if you could find someone to make you the manifold; unless you turbo-charge you'll get very little and have spent a lot. Let's face it by the time you've done all that, you're as powerful as a 1.25, you're noisy and you're going to have to tell Mr. Insurance that you've modified your car a good deal; may as well just buy a 1.4 or 1.6 in that case, probably lower in insurance too that way.

If you have the lower power 1.25, I heard of a company that managed to put on the other 1.25 map, but then again you're still not really gaining much.

Aw sorry! My bad, I totally forgot he had a 1.25 I was meaning those power gains for my 1.6 zetec S haha! And all those things I said are already done to my car when I bought it.. Actually ignore me I'm being totally usuless lmao!

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users