Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Metal - Stolen

lyonsb123

Glad to see they have turned the claim around so quickly, I have to say its good that your getting a new motor though and so quickly. tis a shame that it costs you your NCB and excess, but then again, your getting the most (brand new car) out of the cost (whereas I only got a new bumper and bonnet and £600 cheque for the guy whose rover I wrote off) for exactly the same cost...

Bradley, are you getting a replacement Metal or another model?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lyonsb123

• Stoney871

• jeebowhite

• NorthSussex

We need to bring back the stocks and put the toe rags on the village green for 24 hours, and then we could get rid of a bit of anger by pelting them with something nasty! :ph34r:

We need to bring back the stocks and put the toe rags on the village green for 24 hours, and then we could get rid of a bit of anger by pelting them with something nasty! :ph34r:

Sounds good to me! I bet sheer humilation would put some of them off...

Agreed, but I would say, start with something nasty, then next time they end up in the stocks, I propose thrrowing something heavier / harder and nastier the next time they end up in them...

If the humiliation doesnt work, then hopefully the education as to the smack in the face with a breeze block may knock the lesson a little further into there tiny skulls!

Really sorry to hear this. My friend had his BMW stolen off his drive last week at 2am. He had CCTV and it took them 3 mins to break a small area of the driver's window, put a hand in and pull open the ECU port. The other guy then came over with a device to re-program key fobs, plugged it into the car, re-programmed another BMW key fob and then unlocked the car, pushed it off the drive and down the road and started it using the new key! It's so shocking that car manufacturers aren't designing cars to withstand this. The car is sadly long gone, probably overseas before he realised it was gone.

As for you insurance, I got the best quote for my Metal from QuoteMeHappy. An online only site (apart from a phone number for claims) that is part of the Aviva group. Set up no probs by uploading proof of NCD via a scanner. You can also amend most details online without paying the admin fee charged by other insurers. I can't comment on their service as only been with them a month but maybe worth a look.

Hope you can enjoy your new car when it arrives. Is it worth put a lock on the steering wheel if only to act as a deterrent to the scumbags?

i got really annoyed when some chavs stole dust caps, i wouldn't mind but they weren't even any good, could not imagine how you felt when your car is gone, that's the advantage (only advantage) of having a car as bad as mine, no one will touch it, saying that it kept getting moved when my hand brake wasn't working, so when i came back from Tesco's to my car it wasn't there and on the other side of the car park,just pushed in a straight line, would love to know who it was, so then i just put it in gear and it didn't move then, got it sorted now, that's 1 less problem i have

Hope you can enjoy your new car when it arrives. Is it worth put a lock on the steering wheel if only to act as a deterrent to the scumbags?

Yeah, I've just picked up a disklok from Halfords on my way home from work actually. I used to have one on my old car, but unfortunately one day I left the key at university and stupidly put the thing on when I was at home ~150 miles away! So my brother had to use an angle-grinder to get it off! The satisfying thing is that it made huge amounts of noise, and took about 20mins!

Glad to see they have turned the claim around so quickly, I have to say its good that your getting a new motor though and so quickly. tis a shame that it costs you your NCB and excess, but then again, your getting the most (brand new car) out of the cost (whereas I only got a new bumper and bonnet and £600 cheque for the guy whose rover I wrote off) for exactly the same cost...

Bradley, are you getting a replacement Metal or another model?

Yeah, a Metal on a '12 plate. I was due to pick it up tomorrow before work, but the alarm (anti-tilt, as fitted F.O.C. on the previous model) cannot be fitted until tomorrow afternoon - so I am picking it up on Thursday, and having the tracker fitted at work.

One thing that surprised me is, when speaking to the independent alarm guy who is going to fit the anti-tilt alarm, he said it incorporates a whole Thatcham 2-1 alarm upgrade, including ultrasonic sensors. Now on my old car, it definitely did not have ultrasonic sensors in the cabin, which makes me wonder: Was it even fitted correctly?

Anyway, once everything is sorted out, I may give my original dealer a call and ask him to clarify this...

hi i am sorry you car as been stolen i have got one in febuary this year i am thinking of having a tracker fitted to mine john

Hi John, If your car has keyless entry/start I would definitely contemplate it - every similar car I've heard been stolen had a keyless system.

So sorry to hear about this mate, hope all goes well with your new metal. & hopefully the scum who nicked your old one get whats comin to them!

Picked up the new baby today! Cobra alarm was fitted by the dealer (as part of the anti-tilt system), and the tracker fitted while at work :)

God knows what the previous dealership installed as an anti-tilt alarm, but it definitely didn't have ultrasonic sensors. The geofencing facility on the tracker is pretty good - I can lock the car down overnight, so even with the keys I will be alerted via text message if the car moves.

As with the last one, absolutely love the car - fingers crossed this is the first, and last, time I get a car stolen.

Thanks to everyone for their help/advice, it is much appreciated. I won't be surprised to hear about a big re-call on new Ford key-less entry cars in the new few months... The guy who fitted the tracker today even said that he is starting to hear more and more about key-less Fords being stolen.

Glad you got everything sorted out reasonably quickly.

Enjoy your replacement car and may you never suffer at the whim of some scumbag again.

Sorry to hear about your previous Metal, but i hope you enjoy your new one as much as the last. And having that extra piece of mind with your new security. :) If you find that its not enough, you should get one of these, it'll definitely wake you and your neighbours up! ^_^

• 1 month later...

Ladies & Gents,

Please see the thread entitled "Stealing Fiestas". I created it after disturbing the attempted theft of my 9 month old Fiesta Titanium.

I hope that the person who started this thread (and all other 2011+) Fiesta will find it of some use.

sorry to hear about your car maybe another thing to do is a security camara facing outwards from the house into the street i have 2 and sum1 1 nite took a fancy to my trailer luck they didnt see themselfs lighting up a ciggy showing there faces and a clear shot of the car to...hopefully you will get sorted

• 1 month later...

I've now been the victim of two brand new fiesta zetec's being stolen both were taken without keys now my insurance won't cover me. The first car was driven away it was picked up on CCTV but the second one stolen 1st June not sure how it went as there is no CCTV.

Dam, sorry to hear that. Just out of interest, did the CCTV highlight the method of theft?

Hi Kim,

So your insurers will not cover the theft of your replacement car?

Why is that? do they have some sort of statement to advise we replace only one? so now your out of pocket for the full price of the car AND the insurance policy price?

I'm not sure if she means that the insurers now will not insure her - surely they cannot refuse to pay-out on grounds that a previous car has been stolen in similar circumstances?

I would certainly hope so, but I cant say that the insurance industry as a whole give me the confidence to rule it out completely!

Very true, I'm sure technically they could veto the claim purely based on "Suspicious Circumstances"

Hi Kim,

So your insurers will not cover the theft of your replacement car?

Why is that? do they have some sort of statement to advise we replace only one? so now your out of pocket for the full price of the car AND the insurance policy price?

Also, let us know who the insurer is so we can all avoid them if they refuse to pay out

Back in the '70's when I could afford to drive yanks, I bought a pager type alarm from the states.

Anyone trying the door handle etc, transmitted a signal to a pager.

It worked and "Home brew pair caught trying to steal cars" was the headline.

They were totally flummoxed as they didn't hear the alarm go off.

As they were being led away a polis asked me "Is that gadget legal?"

I replied "Do you want to catch thieves or not?"

He smiled and left.

I'm not that paranoid these days.

I've thought about trackers but don't know what I'd prefer.

The car back or the insurance.

Don't know what the price is of tracker at the mo, certainly wont be cheap though!

Maybe if more Police vehicles were fitted with tracker locator I'd be tempted to sign up.

Don't know what the price is of tracker at the mo, certainly wont be cheap though!

Maybe if more Police vehicles were fitted with tracker locator I'd be tempted to sign up.

Police vehicles are unlikely to be stolen, they stand out like a sore thumb from the ground and the air. :D

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club