Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Metal - Stolen

lyonsb123

Very sorry for the loss of your car

Sounds like a cloned key

Some people are now using Android/Iphones wired to power supply with GPS tracking turned on , With the Apps you can then track the car on Google. A cheap tracking device , all you have to do is keep the phone card topped up and make a call ocasionally from the phone to keep the number active , easily hide the phone behind the glove box or behind a panel in the boot.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lyonsb123

• Stoney871

• jeebowhite

• NorthSussex

I know there has been a spate local to me of Fiesta's having their corner window removed to get to satnav's but even if they did that to try and gain access to the car, the deadlocking would stop them opening the doors and rolling the car away.

This is getting very curious.

I am sticking with the key and drive away theory for now. Cover every possibility and eliminate them one by one. If the local force hasn’t the manpower to cover every angle the insurance company may have, and they may want to investigate more thoroughly. Keep thinking outside the box Stoney.

Oh, i'm definitely out of my box. :P

The wife thinks so anyway. ;)

Really hope that Essex Police pull their fingers out. :mellow:

Maybe their Territorial Support Team is too busy filming a new series of Police Interceptors to spare anyone. <_<

Oh, i'm definitely out of my box. :P

The wife thinks so anyway. ;)

Really hope that Essex Police pull their fingers out. :mellow:

Maybe their Territorial Support Team is too busy filming a new series of Police Interceptors to spare anyone. <_<

Cheap TV, I hope is doesn’t go to there heads.

Hopefully they will put some resources into finding this car, or it won’t be the last.

Lock up your cars and wife / partner if you live in Essex, The tea-leafs are about.

Car in Garage for car alarm mods. (tilt alarm fitting), 2-3 months later car stolen, no alarm heard by neighbours. Suspicious! Or is it just me?

Not just you its baffling. This usually happens to high end BMW or Mercs doesn't it. Not fiestas Very intrigued to hear the outcome.

Im thinking all MK7 Fiesta may have alarm issues or a weak point it it was seemly this easy to take one.

I am due to hear from the insurance company on monday, and I will chase the Police for an update then also. I was thinking about giving the dealership I bought the car from a call also, to try and get more details - however I will leave that for the Police/Insurance company to do, they already have the details of where it was purchased from.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss, I can't imagine how you must be feeling right now.

Don't know if it's been mentioned above (can't check easily as internet window is opened up small as I'm discreetly browsing FOC at work :ph34r:) but have you also thought about a cheap CCTV camera? They are relatively inexpensive and while they won't stop a theif, it might provide some useful information should anything like this happen again. I put one up after my Fiesta was keyed and it's great for peace of mind.

Hope the insurance company doesn't give you too much of a headache anyway. Keep us posted.

Hi James, yeah, at least one CCTV camera is going to be installed for when the new car arrives (assuming, and hoping it does!).

I'm sending all the various forms, and keys, to the insurance company tomorrow, so hopefully that will get the ball rolling. I heard from the Police today - no CCTV footage at all, which is disappointing. Also, I was under the impression that the CCTV cameras on petrol stations are linked up to the national database - seems it doesn't work like that. Seeing as the car only had approx. 15-20miles of fuel left before it was completely empty, I thought CCTV at petrol stations would be the best bet. Pretty annoyed about that. Surely with todays technology, all the systems should be working in harmony.

I'm hoping the insurance company investigate the possible method of theft better than the Police are at the moment...

Im sorry to read about your loss. My suspicions are firmly with a cloned key, as it seems to be the quietest way of getting your car away from you, plus wouldnt your neighbours have noticed your car being lifted up? or towed either way?

Unfortunately I expect you may well end up seeing your car on TV one day, the likes of Coppers or even Police Interceptors, might see the car being abused for criminal purposes. I hope you do get this sorted quickly, and painlessly, but my suspicions definately rest with a cloned key, it could have been programmed to the imobiliser easily enough with your master key, so you might find even that your spare wouldnt have worked if you got it back.

Hopefully your local dealership didnt play a direct role in this, but perhaps indirectly...?

Shocking story about Car stealing scum mate.Its a new fiesta thats why they stole it@ the guy who thinks only beemers and mercs go missing lol I live I Essex and have had my car attacked by spray paint & paint remover ! ....the cops told me that the car would have to be attacked 3 times in one year for them to start investigating it and never came to see me once! They well let the trail go cold ! :( ford insure are great im with them aswell and im sure you will be in another fiesta metal soon ! Take care my man

Thanks guys, I know there is no chance of me seeing the car again now, but hopefully once I put the measures in place to prevent it happening again, I will be able to enjoy the new car without being in fear.

It may sound harsh, but the only thing I can hope for now is that the scum who took it, hurt themselves driving it.

The various forms (and the keys) will arrive at the insurance company tomorrow morning, so I'll give them a chase up about it on Thursday and post back the findings! Fingers crossed I get a call from the Police in the mean-time!

. This usually happens to high end BMW or Mercs doesn't it. Not fiestas Very intrigued to hear the outcome.

.Its a new fiesta thats why they stole it@ the guy who thinks only beemers and mercs go missing lol

Keyword: Usually

Sorry about the news mate. My Titanium Mk 7 has the standard security with no extras. Once or twice I have inadvertently done something which I expected would set the alarm off and nothing has happened which puzzled me. I wonder if it works at all and if not, how many are out there with non-functioning alarms ! Pays to test these things out sometimes. I don't know how you would easily test an ant-tilt device without geting superman around to help !

I know it sounds crude but I have often wondered about fitting a simple device consisting of a cable wired through a low voltage circuit physically looped through somewhere on the car and an adjacent garage wall/door whatever. However this cable is disconnected or cut, the open circuit could sound an alarm. Similar to the system used in some shops for high-value items. Ideally, the device containing a relay which de-energises to activate the alarm could be inside a garage etc but it could just as easily be under the bonnet. Very cheap to build too. Obviously you would have to remember to disable and disconnect it before driving off !

I would have thought such a ubiquitous car as the Fiesta would make it a prime target for some thieves as is any Ford. There are so many out there that it is easier to 'lose' its identity than more high profile cars like Beemers and Mercs etc.

Hi

Firstly sorry to hear about what happened.

I work in insurance and to behonest all the insurers will do is allow the police 30 days to recover the car, if its not recovered after 30 days you will be paid out for a replacment vehicle, they genrally dont investigate. They most likley wont give your a courtsey car as the vehicle is not in one of their repairing garages, however if you have purchase an extended hire vehicle on your policy then they might be able to provide one of these for 7 or 14 days depending which one you purchased.

I think the way your vehicle has been stolen is as follows:

They have reached up from underneath with padlock cutters (the long ones) and chopped your cable on the battery, then they have realeased your ahnd brake from underneath (again cuttinting the cable).

They have then pushed it to the end of the road and onto a trailed and away they go, 9/10 new cars that are stolen are shipped abroad usually within 48 hours.

Just a thought... did your car have any distinctive stickers or anything on it? Or something that would make it different from another Metal? I'm just thinking that a dealer sticker in the back window or a tow bar (just an example, I know a tow bar on a Metal would be weird!) might distinguish your car if the plates have been changed...?

Well, there are a few minor things:

- Black text on white background gel logo overlay on the steering wheel, the the opposite (white text on black background) overlays on the front and back external logos.

- Also, just little things that would distinguish it for me: A small stone chip directly above the front ford logo, on the curve of the bonnet.

Not much, but the gel overlays do look quite different to the dark blue ones as standard.

RE:X3MON - That sounds plausible, I think a steering lock/cover would be high on the list as a security feature on the next car too (along with additional alarm and possibly a tracker).

I would have thought such a ubiquitous cara as the Fiesta would make it a prime target for some thieves as is any Ford. There are so many out there that it is easier to 'lose' its identity than more high profile cars like Beemers and Mercs etc.

Very True :(

Got a letter yesterday from the Police, saying they have closed the investigation. I'm going to chase up my insurance company today to see how they are getting on... just feeling a bit deflated now. The focus for me now moves onto comparing different alarm systems / anti-theft devices to see which ones would be the most effective / give me the greatest piece of mind when the new car comes.

I have looked around at trackers, but does anyone have any advice when it comes to an alarm system? Preferably one with a back-up power source, so that if the power is cut, it will go off.

Hi Bradley,

Sorry to hear that, it shocks me that they have closed the investigation so soon, that is rediculous! as for the alarm systems you can get them installed, you might be best speaking to Ford to see if they can offer any enhanced security systems on your new motor, but would also check as well with local auto electricians, they could install them aftermarket and then show you them working if needs be. with regards to the trackers, they too I believe are powered seperately anyway, but give a few people a call and see what they advise. if you start calling now, you can get some idea's together for when you order your new car...

Sorry to hear about your loss. I was victim to the same crime a few years ago with a 6month old fiesta si, They cut the handbrake cable and pushed it away, never to be seen again. I also worked as a alarm fitter at the time which taught me to practise what i preached and wont leave it to chance again. My advice is go with Tracker. I have fitted may and although they are at the dearer end of the scale but also have the best recovery rate. Also gets you a fair discount on your insurance. Alarm wise most systems are pretty good its just the installation that lets them down so its worth checking out a few companies beforehand.

Hope the insurance company sort you out with minimal hassle and the thief hurts themselves.

Hi Bradley,

Sorry to hear that, it shocks me that they have closed the investigation so soon, that is rediculous! as for the alarm systems you can get them installed, you might be best speaking to Ford to see if they can offer any enhanced security systems on your new motor, but would also check as well with local auto electricians, they could install them aftermarket and then show you them working if needs be. with regards to the trackers, they too I believe are powered seperately anyway, but give a few people a call and see what they advise. if you start calling now, you can get some idea's together for when you order your new car...

I know, I was shocked when I received the letter too. The worse thing is, the letter was dated the 17th March! Which means they closed the investigation a day after it was reported... Disgusting. Anyway, I will look/ask around, and see what I can find in regards to alarms.

I know, I was shocked when I received the letter too. The worse thing is, the letter was dated the 17th March! Which means they closed the investigation a day after it was reported... Disgusting. Anyway, I will look/ask around, and see what I can find in regards to alarms.

I'm sorry your local Police have seemed to be less than helpful.

I cannot truly comment on their procedures as each service seems to do things differently.

Obviously they decided to defer to the insurance company.

At least with the incident closed you will get a faster response from your insurance.

Just make sure you have the relevant incident/log numbers to hand.

I bet they gave you one of those wonderful victim support handbooks too.

I've been phoning around car security companies today to get some advice on what units to fit when the new car comes, and one guy shed some light on the situation: << Removed by admin for security reasons >>

I've picked a tracker to be installed, and also a Viper 480XV alarm, with proximity detection. Will be a lot of money, but otherwise I'll be so paranoid about it I'll probably make myself ill.

Due to get a call from the insurance company tomorrow morning to discuss how the theft possibly happened etc. and to start the ball rolling in terms of ordering the new car. RSA (Ford Insure underwriters) do seem like a very competent company though, a guy from the engineering team called on Friday to confirm some details, and brief me on the whole process, what to expect, and to put my mind at ease - really nice chap he was.

Someone else in my office has a Fiesta Metal, will definitely pass on the message to him on Monday, so he can think about getting extra protection fitted.

Edited by Mark M.K
Removed the method you said, incase anybody is reading who shouldn't be.

Best of luck and hope you get the replacement car ASAP.

At least with a tracker you won't worry about shorting over as the power supply/charge will be a seperate circuit and the device i believe is insulated and well hidden.

If you are inclined so, i'd invest in a camera that can be monitored from smartphones and recorded on laptops with internet connection.

I have one and it works a treat.

Peace of mind from anywhere in the world.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club