#1 renglish

renglish

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: Richard
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
  • Year: 2011

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:24 PM

Hi, I have a 61 Fiesta Zetec with 15"x6" 195/50 tyres. My car came with a tyre inflation kit, which I have now used and wish to replace with a spare tyre instead. Having gone back to the dealer, they advised I'd need a space saver as a full sized tyre will not fit in the tyre well without the boot carpet sitting too high/uneven. They therefore sold me a steel spare, a jack and wrench. I then went to Kwik Fit to buy a tyre, and they advised that the spare wheel Ford have sold me is a 14" and that I'd need a 15". However I can't see a 15" spare as an option in the Fiesta brochure. Can anyone advise what I actually need and what the boot will accommodate? Do I need to return my 14" wheel to Ford, or can I get a tyre to fit? It seems odd (to me) that the spare would be a 14" if the car is fitted with 15" wheels.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 stevestr

stevestr

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Name: steve
  • Ford Model: fiesta

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:10 AM

I have a Titanium with 16 inch wheels and i have bought a spare wheel kit off ebay that is 14 inch.It is the official spare wheel that ford supplies as an optional extra,and the spare fits perfectly in the wheel recess in boot.
My understanding is they have the same circumferance as 16's are low profile (195/45/16) and the 14 (175/65/14) is not.If i have to use the spare it will only be for a short period until i get 16 replaced.Hope this helps.

#3 b1g_dav3

b1g_dav3

Ford Enthusiast

• 2,523 posts
  • Name: David
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
  • Year: 2013
Contributor

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:14 PM

I kerbed an alloy 3 days after purchase (I always do that, always within 3 days of new car/wheels) so decided to just replace and use as a spare a few weeks ago and fits fine for me.

#4 PumpkinSteve

PumpkinSteve

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 291 posts
  • Name: Steven
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium 1.6 125ps

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:17 PM

The outside diameter of both wheels are the same because the 14" tyre has a larger sidewall than the 16" tyre, therefore it makes no difference. The 14" spare is correct for the car, I have one for mine.

#5 Magenta

Magenta

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • Name: Alan
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 Titanium 1.4 Auto - Marello
  • Year: 2009

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:06 AM

Steve - I am after one of these spare wheels too for the same old reason - don't like the inflation/repair kit that came with the car. Is your spare a 'spacesaver' skinny one though ? i have seen them on eBay described as 'spare as supplied by Ford' but I have read that a full size one will be too deep for the wheel well.

#6 Johnno260

Johnno260

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Name: John
  • Ford Model: Fiesta mk7

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:02 AM

I have the normal Zetec, with 15" alloy I think, and I have a full spare alloy and it fits in the well in the boot fine.

You can't buy a jack and brace off Ford though, they will try and sell you a space saver with brace, jack etc.

I have some alarmed searched saved on eBay for the jack and brace to suit, but no joy yet :(

#7 GJC

GJC

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Name: Gavin
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Econetic
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:33 AM

Try breakeryard.net ( I think it's .net) to search scrappies. My spare cost £25 plus £20 for the Jack. Spare came with tyre and when it arrived the fact the tyre has the little nubbins on it it's never been used.

#8 Ford Zephyr

Ford Zephyr

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Name: Jim

Posted 29 October 2014 - 08:13 AM

Really struggling to find a spare wheel ( 16" rim ) in N. Lanarkshire, like others don't fancy the inflation or saver options. Help please.

#9 jace1969

jace1969

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Name: jason
  • Ford Model: fiesta titanium 1.6

Posted 29 October 2014 - 08:56 AM

I just got a kit off ebay,  125/80/15 space saver,what i was told to get by a few on here and local vauxhall.

I have 17'' zetec s alloys 205/40/17.

Only cost £55 all in,just missing the foam stuff that it fits into and went for the saver as i don't think

a larger one would fit nice in the well and i would get the wheel fixed the same day so won't be on long.

#10 Paramanic

Paramanic

Too much time on the boards

• FOC Supporters
  • 577 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Titanium

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:48 AM

i just got a 15" spare wheel plus the kit for £65 + £12 delivery from hills breakers fits like a glove 

#11 Ford Zephyr

Ford Zephyr

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Name: Jim

Posted 09 November 2014 - 01:31 PM

Thanks to all, will give it a try.

#12 Zico

Zico

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Name: Yasin
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec (100bhp)
  • Year: 2014

Posted 09 November 2014 - 04:48 PM

Try breakeryard.net ( I think it's .net) to search scrappies. My spare cost £25 plus £20 for the Jack. Spare came with tyre and when it arrived the fact the tyre has the little nubbins on it it's never been used.

It's www.breakeryard.com and thanks as I have just signed up. Put in for quotes on 4x Alloys and Zetec S Grille to see what comes back.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users