Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Sony Stereo Compatibility Problems

Lenny

Hi all,

ive made the mistake of selling my 6000cd from my 2010 focus last January, although it seemed to be a great idea at the time because i firstly

Bought a sony 6cd model,

but it was from a mondeo the software is different and didnt work with my AUX IN, bluetooth, or Voice Control,

i then learned that i needed to purchase a sony stereo from a focus and not a mondeo.

so i sold the 6cd sony and last week

i bought a single cd sony model from a 2007 focus,

but it doesnt work with my bluetooth or Voice Control and i have yet to check the Aux In port,

is their an update for this type of stereo because im out of patience and also out of pocket at this stage because the sellers dont accept returns, resulting in me selling the stereos on for less than the purchase price,

To date i have lost over £80 so far on both depreciation and postage costs.angry-emoticon.gif?w=692

im seriously considering scrapping the idea of fitting a Sony model and instead purchasing one of these,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280826971793?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%3A80%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp4712.m570.l1313%26_nkw%3D280826971793%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

but again im not sure what they are like to live with lol wish i never sold the 6000cd at this stage.

Lenny

I would say the only true garrantee would be if the Sony came out of a more recent model that has voice control.

I am sure, i have seen some pictures on here with some one that has one of the 2DIn stereo's , of course i would imagine that your voice control would again not work with one of these stereo's. Of course they do look full of feature's , i have seen them from £200 upwards.

You need a Sony from a Focus that was build 2008 or later. Ford changed its handsfree (bluetooth and voice control) module in 2008, the older radios will not work with the new one.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club