Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sony Dab Aerial

021C

thats a wierd one mate. i'm surprised at this as there appears to be no connection for the dab aerial. have you tried to remove the back cover when the mounting should be to see if there is anything there?

Just been to double check my aerial mast and base. The new base is larger and the mast is different. At least that means I've got the correct DAB compatible parts - just need to work out the radio now......frustrating as I don't want to pull the car to bits to find it doesn't work.

Stu

thats a wierd one mate. i'm surprised at this as there appears to be no connection for the dab aerial. have you tried to remove the back cover when the mounting should be to see if there is anything there?

No - but I admit it has crossed my mind as the only difference between the example you posted from eBay and mine is a plate mounted. Perhaps they added them as an afterthought? If there is a connection in there it would be fiddly to attach. Alternatively one aerial connection could have handled both DAB and FM and done the separation on the board. Two connections could have been added later....

if all else fails, return the dab unit and say it doesnt work - eBay purchase means you should be protected.

if all else fails, return the dab unit and say it doesnt work - ebay purchase means you should be protected.

Hopefully it shouldn't come to that.

Can I ask - when you access DAB stations what procedure do you follow. I haven't been able to even see a way to search for DAB stations. The lack of a suitable aerial would explain this I hope. I was just curious how you cycle between FM / AM / DAB etc.

Stu

i use the 4 arrows on the round silver bit

so... I removed the head unit, fitted the DAb aerial, base, leads etc and nothing. I could see anywhere for the DAB connector to go and I'm now at a loss as to how the radio could possibly work with DAB? It appears to be right. I have looked for the model number and it comes up multiple times on eBay as a DAB radio.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to who I could check with before I consider my options? Ford? Sony? I'm also considering that the DAB functionality may need enabling?

In my opinion if it doesn't work as advertised I should simply return it to the guy I bought it from. Shame really as apart from the lack of DAB it's a cracking head unit - just a duplicate of my original one at the moment

Frustrating!!

mate, deffo return it and get another one. something isnt right about it.

• 3 months later...

You may have returned this already or go it sorted, either way here is my reply to you posted question

I believe that you access the DAB stations by pressing the Radio button on the left hand side several times…this then scrolls through FM, AM, FMST (I think) and then DAB. Not sure if it's the right order but you get the jist

Hope it helps :)

You may have returned this already or go it sorted, either way here is my reply to you posted question

I believe that you access the DAB stations by pressing the Radio button on the left hand side several times…this then scrolls through FM, AM, FMST (I think) and then DAB. Not sure if it's the right order but you get the jist

Hope it helps :)

Hey - thanks for the reply. This is all sorted now and I did return the item soon after I posted.

There was no way the item was a DAB unit and what i think had happened was the font plate of the radio had been replaced to make the unit look like a DAB unit. This would be very easy to do - so i would suggest if anyone has any concerns ask here for advice.

I managed to get a full refund from eBay and not long after buy a 100% DAB unit - all fitted and working :)

Stu

Hey - thanks for the reply. This is all sorted now and I did return the item soon after I posted.

There was no way the item was a DAB unit and what i think had happened was the font plate of the radio had been replaced to make the unit look like a DAB unit. This would be very easy to do - so i would suggest if anyone has any concerns ask here for advice.

I managed to get a full refund from eBay and not long after buy a 100% DAB unit - all fitted and working :)

Stu

Glad you managed to get it all sorted in the end :)

• 3 years later...

Mmm. Getting stuck now.

This week my Ford dealer installed a CD3XX-CD6-ISLAND-GGDS

That should be the one with 6 CD's, bluetooth, USB etc. All that works fine, but not DAB radio. The Ford dealer confirmed that no extra/DAB antenna was built in :-X Can happen :-)

Before I asked the Ford dealer to install it, i took pictures from all serial nrs and labels on the unit. But unfortunately not from the backside. so I don't know how the DAB aerial connector looks like..

All pics in this topics are not visible anymore and most links don't show any result.

My question:

what part number I should order

-or- does have anyone a photo of the backside

-or- does have anyone a photo of the aerial connector that plugs into the Ford unit?

From there I will ask a auto hifi installation firm to do it. Or is the Ford dealer a better location?

Greetings from The Netherlands.
*Liberty in our Life*

What year is the car?

It should be a Fakra connector.

I have a guide to fitting DAB to a Focus in my guides link that is under my posts when viewed on a PC.

It lists all cables needed and miscellaneous parts.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club