Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2012 Focus Zetec S 180 Ecoboost Remapping

Jam1e

I was tempted to go for one of these but I have a titanium and the inside on zetec s is pretty standard compared to mine . Outside looks good but I think I will stick with titanium models as interior alot more refined .

I think the alloys on the zetec s are the same as mine.

I miss the titanium spec. i think i shall only keep this car a year then upgrade

Jamie

running in still has to occur to some degree

The rings will have sharp edges. The castings will be tight in there bearings etc etc

This is one reason why mpg tends to get better slowly

Where in worcestershire are you

Jamie

Just looked at your location Jamie. Thats spooky as i live just outside Evesham, in Offenham.

Cool :-) i know offenham :-)

I will bluefin my car once it has done a few thou

Jamie

Is there much difference in price from the Focus Zetec S 180 to the Titanium??

Just to add that i'm unlikely to buy another Ford after the lies and subsequent wriggling out of the issue and responsibility Bristol Street have shown !

The official stats on mpg are 47. Mine has never been above 34 in 2700 miles! And generally sits about 33 mpg. The situation is made worse by the fact that there is little power below 4000 rpm, but i went ahead with the purchase as i was convinced it would only get better.

Anyhow, i would advise those that are thinking of buying the Zetec S 180 petrol to think hard about it and whether you could live with a real life mpg of an mpg sp low!!

For anyone that is interested, i'm not the only one in this situation and you can read abit more by clicking on the below link.

http://www.talkford.com/topic/196983-do-i-buy-10-or-16-focus/

Thats a shame to hear about your mpg issues! was a bit dubious reading about this the day before i picked mine up but its been creeping up and currently gone past 37mpg.

I have only had it a week and done 350 miles so will have to see how that pans out!

Is there much difference in price from the Focus Zetec S 180 to the Titanium??

Just to add that i'm unlikely to buy another Ford after the lies and subsequent wriggling out of the issue and responsibility Bristol Street have shown !

The official stats on mpg are 47. Mine has never been above 34 in 2700 miles! And generally sits about 33 mpg. The situation is made worse by the fact that there is little power below 4000 rpm, but i went ahead with the purchase as i was convinced it would only get better.

Anyhow, i would advise those that are thinking of buying the Zetec S 180 petrol to think hard about it and whether you could live with a real life mpg of an mpg sp low!!

For anyone that is interested, i'm not the only one in this situation and you can read abit more by clicking on the below link.

http://www.talkford....10-or-16-focus/

Hi, its kind of weird what is going on with your Focus as other owners report quite the opposite. I know I only have the 150 engine but the power in mine, or lets say torque to be technically correct, comes in very low, and from what I have seen in power/torque graphs on your engine it is similar. I am also getting mpg more or less bang on Ford's quoted figures.

Perhaps there is something different about your car...

Chris

• 2 months later...

Thats a shame to hear about your mpg issues! was a bit dubious reading about this the day before i picked mine up but its been creeping up and currently gone past 37mpg.

I have only had it a week and done 350 miles so will have to see how that pans out!

I have to admit that my mpg is finally creeping up!

I've done 4345 miles and it's now showing an average mpg of 37.6 at 23 mph.

Now i have regularly re-set the mpg and mph readings to get an accurate reading.

Just thought i'd give an up-date! :-)

This is all good to know as I'm getting my 182 titanium x start of October and my current mountuned st won't read an average of any more than 30mpg so if my new car can get into the high 30's even into 40 then I will be well chuffed, has anyone looked into aftermarket cat back systems yet.

the standard ti vct gets around 36-46mpg without resetting the trip computer all the time thats combined 10 mile trips and heavyish footed so a remapped turbo version will maybe just hit those figures its basically my engine with a turbo in standard form the power is there at 2k revs but add a turbo to that you need more rpm to get the power so 40s youll have to drive like a granny defeats the purpose really

glad to hear it :) mines been slowly going up too, currently at 40mpg on the computer. Mainly country lanes/a roads going to & from work. I have to say, this engine has really taken its time to loosen up! reaching 2500 miles now, it finally has both the ability to get going when you want AND be economical when needed!

Sounds good at 5000rpm too...

This is all good to know as I'm getting my 182 titanium x start of October and my current mountuned st won't read an average of any more than 30mpg so if my new car can get into the high 30's even into 40 then I will be well chuffed, has anyone looked into aftermarket cat back systems yet.

Not looked at exhausts but www.sp-tuning.co.uk will do a re-map for £350. I don't have any possible bhp and torque figures but "Jamie" at sp said that model of engine should do well when mapped.