Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oil For 2009 Focus 1.8 Petrol Engine

micksilver

I have 5 litres of Carlube 5w30 semi synthetic oil which i bought for a previous car, is it suitable for my 1.8 ford focus petrol engine. see spec below!

Carlube 5W30 Semi Synthetic Motor oil

Carlube 5w30 Semi Synthetic Engine oil is a high specification oil suitable for Ford Zetec petrol and diesel engines and the Duratorq diesel engine.

Specifications: API SL/CF, ACEA A1 B1, Ford M2C913-A/B

Ford and BP recommend full synthetic Magnatec 5W30

Fully Synthetic is recommended on all Fords from 2006.

I would recomend Mobil 5/30 fully syn.By the way what's the focus go like and is it thursty around town.Sorry to go off topic it's just that i'm thinking of buying a 1.8.

thirsty around town mate even with gentle driving the 1.6 ti vct has the same power and better fuel economy in fact its the replacement for the 1.8 and cheaper road tax as well but its up to the individual the 1.6 ti vct is a good engine with the same torque at 2000rpm as the 1.8 has at 5000rpm so easier to drive that said the 1.8 is a good engine as well money wise youre best bet is the ti vct and im not being biased its overall cheaper to run but theres a lot of cheap 1.8s out there as the road tax is a bit much for some

• Like 1