Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just Purchased Fiesta Titanium 1.4 3 Door

littlebw

After reading this forums for the last 3 months as a guest ive finally purchased a 3 door Fiesta Titanium 1.4 in Frozen White

Only got it yesterday but been impressed with how easy it is to use iPhone and usb stick in Sony stereo

Will be posting more on here but if you have any helpful tips or extra additions to the Fiesta for me please post on here

First couple of questions

1. Door sills - The sills look like they will become easily scratched / marked. Is it worth putting on chrome sills?

2. What are the 2 slots for in the back seat panels just below glass?

Lockwood make some great fitting sills, around £25.

The rear slots are for the seat belts. Makes folding them down easier.

cheers dlockers

Which are better ?

The Lockwoods with the stripe of the genuine ford fiesta ones???

Which are better ?

Personal preference/price, I went for the Ford ones.

Which are better ?

The Ford ones are made by Lockwood iirc.

On the Mk6 the ford ones were thinner metal, on the Mk7 I don't know of any real difference. Just buy the cheapest ones?

My ZS ones are brilliant quality and fitted with 3M double sided to secur ethem.

My experience with these lockwood door sills arenot good i put them on a xr2i years ago and they came unstuck after a few pressure washes... May be my poor fitting skills? And they trap dirt and mousture I think I've seen some ford ones with lights in them ... I want to get some of those I think ... Like they are on the new st coming out next year ..

I was horrified how easily the painted sills got scratched on my previous Mk7 no matter how careful I was (it's hard to tell passengers to 'mind their feet' tactfully). I was also surprised that a Titanium spec car didn't have them as standard. When I bought my current Mk 7 I made a point of getting a set of stainless steel 'Fiesta' monogrammed ones from Lockwood. They have been on over two years now and still look good with no problems at all but I don't use pressure washers and never will except on paths and drives ! When fitting, the secret is in the preparation. I used meths to make absolutely sure there was no dirt or grease before sticking them on. I chose a warm day too as this can help the adhesion. I think they were about £30.

My experience with these lockwood door sills arenot good i put them on a xr2i years ago and they came unstuck after a few pressure washes... May be my poor fitting skills? And they trap dirt and mousture I think I've seen some ford ones with lights in them ... I want to get some of those I think ... Like they are on the new st coming out next year ..

Back in the day!

They both use 3M now so should both be as sticky. Just buy the cheapest ones imo.

Thanks for the replies

Got the lockwood stripe ones off eBay for 25 notes and fitted yesterday

look great !!!!!

Just having a prob with iPhone and Sony Dab radio playing music

if i put a usb stick in with say 10 albums on i can navigate between albums / songs etc

if i connect iPhone 3gs via bluetooth i can navigate phone book / missed calls etc

when it comes to navigating the music on the iPhone it seems to show 1 song then i can forward or shuffle but i cannot see albums / songs etc

i know there is an update but im sure mine will have been updated with it being a brand new car

any advice on this please?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club