Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

ReeceSanford

Fuel In Oil Warning Light

7 posts in this topic

Sorry if this has been posted before but i did a search and as you cannot search for OIL as theres not enough letters it was abit of a pain.

Ive had my 2011 TDCI Zetec S for 9 months now and just clocked 6500 miles.

Just had a warning light pop up an oil can with a wavy line underneath in orange.

Checked the manual and it says its fuel in the oil. Also at the same time though was a message saying 'Change oil at the next service' or something similar.

Now should i get this checked out or just wait until ive had the car 1 year and take it for its 1st service??

thanks

It's not fuel in oil, it's "oil quality"

Your car is 9 months from registration, but on ETIS when was it built? I suspect the oil in the engine is 1 year old, which may trigger the message/light.

So it can wait till its serviced then?

well for the first 3 months, which i am guessing it was between build and registration, it won't have been driven, so in reality the oil has only had 9 months of working use, so i would wait until your first annual service.

Thanks

Hi my car is about the same age as yours only 5000 miles but if this was my car it would at ford the next day oil change is only £40.

id have it changed as oil can brake down and become all bitty if the cars telling you it needs doing id do it, i wouldnt risk it