SeaGrey

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Name: Fred
  • Ford Model: Focus Estate Titanium
  • Year: 2010

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:08 PM

My Service Portfolio (log book) clearly states that the 2nd service is a Major service.

This is echoed by the ETIS website.

Yet when I speak to my local Ford Dealers, they say that I'm only entitled to an interim service at year 2, and that the major service is at year 3.

Ford (ETIS) state that it's an interim service at year 3.

And why do Ford state that the brake fluid should be changed every 2 years during the Extended Protection warranty period, yet dealers say this is 'advisory' and a chargeable extra if the customer wants it...

Who's right, who's wrong....

If I'm only getting another interim service at year 2, why am I being charged double compared to the year 1 service, which was also interim ?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 15,832 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:24 PM

What you have to remember is Ford make the cars and the Dealers sell them.
Dealers are only affilliated to Ford not part of the wider company.
Ford have had their money from you, Dealers see you as a re-occurring cash cow to milk.

#3 btmaldon

btmaldon

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,552 posts
  • Name: Bruce
  • Ford Model: BMW 320i Coupe M Sport
  • Year: 2008

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:33 PM

3 years or 37,500 miles is the major service. Yes, the brake fluid change is advisdable at two years and is not included as part of the standard service.

It was the same for my 09 Focus as well as the current 11 Focus. Not sure why ETIS and your service book are saying otherwise.

#4 SeaGrey

SeaGrey

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Name: Fred
  • Ford Model: Focus Estate Titanium
  • Year: 2010

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:37 PM

3 years or 37,500 miles is the major service. Yes, the brake fluid change is advisdable at two years and is not included as part of the standard service.

It was the same for my 09 Focus as well as the current 11 Focus. Not sure why ETIS and your service book are saying otherwise.

Where is the 'official' info from Ford stating that the 3rd service is the major one ?

Surely we've all got the same service book haven't we ? It's the official Service Portfolio that came with my new car in 2010.

I can't be the first person to question this, surely not ??!!

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users