Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

weedavey1888

Rear Shock Absorber

4 posts in this topic

hi guys

need to replace shocks on rear .ford fusion 1 03 plate.i havent changed this type before.most types have a nut on top end of shock and bolt on bottom. but on fusion there doesnt seem to be a nut on top end of shock. so i need to know how the top end is fastened to the wheel arch . any advice is most welcome.

CHEERS GUYS

Im guessing they are the same as the mk6 fiesta, done one of these ages ago and IIRC there is a mount inside the wheels are with 2 bolts

cheers stef

two 10mm bolts at top bracket and a 10 mm retaining nut on piston.a 15mm through bolt on the bottom . very easy to do. inner arch comes off easy. only thing was. when i tried to undo the through bolt 18mm nut it took me a good 20 mins of huffing and puffing using an extention bar before i realised that the 18mm nut is actually welded to the bottom bracket and you loosen it from the 15mm end laugh.png .what a twit i am

Edited by Stoney871
swear words