Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New 1Ltr Focus .....

Wickwick10_1

Read up on these cars and very tempted to try one in the Titanium ???

i saw the tv advert regarding this...saying they have very competitive diesel team that go against the petrol team to better them so to speak.

i was like 1.0L focus...must have misread it. :lol:

Read up on these cars and very tempted to try one in the Titanium ???

Likewise. Wonder if it will replace the 1.6 Powershift

its a great idea my only point would be its a 3 cylinder and will take a lot of punishment for a small engine so really how long will it last? saying that from what ive read its a ti vct engine giving peak torque low down in t he revs

The idea of a 1 litre 3 cylinder sounds awful, but then with the power of the normal 1.6 I bet it is quite characterful! Seems most manufacturers are going for smaller turbo petrol engines, I guess that's where the smart money is if the price of diesel keeps rising.

I think time will tell on these small engines , i know they are refined , but long term say out of warranty time will the owner be faced with worn out engines which you would not get from say a diesel on the same sort of milage and age.

Maybe a great little engine for the Fiesta , lighter and smaller car.

Hi, I can't see why it would make any difference, it has a reasonable power output and about the same torque, if not more, than the conventional 1.6 petrol engine currently fitted. You would not need to rev the guts out of it either as the torque band will be broader. http://www.evo.co.uk...0_ecoboost.html

Chris

as they say the day of the diesel is about past it high costs with dpf issues plauging all manufacturers so small turbo petrols are taking over

Likewise. Wonder if it will replace the 1.6 Powershift

Looks like it replaces the 1.6 125bhp mate as powershift still an option but no 1.6 125bhp ?

Looks like it replaces the 1.6 125bhp mate as powershift still an option but no 1.6 125bhp ?

Was gonna say, what about us auto lovers!

:)

I hope they would put a decent gearbox in, if they made it with a decent gearbox that kept the revs low and speed high? Then its a perfect combo!

it will likely be the ib5 box they put in it and the ti vct is a high reving engine it will go all the way to 8000rpm and more so add that to a 3cylinder however if it is a direct decendant of the larger ti vct it will have powder coated con rods ladder style main bearing and 1piece forged pistons the original zetec s engine so should be reliable and strong

At the end of the day this isn't an all together bad idea. Working for the dreaded German giant Volkswagen I've spent many a hour thrashing the living daylights out of TSI powered golf's and polo's (turbo stratified injection ahem ;) ) the smaller turbo units are an absolute scream to drive rev the knackers off them and they really shift like on the golf they do a 1.2tsi 105ps thats aimed at the 1.6tdi 105ps the 1.2 would murder the 1.6 in a race off the lights its at the pumps you pay the price though no matter how you drive it unless your 500 and don't care if your late everywhere the fuel economy is less than amazing i averaged about 36-40mpg on a run bearing in mind i'm a youth with a heavy foot but in the tdi i can easily get over 55mpg so economy wise unless your willing to drive carefully from my experience the smaller units are a con but as a giggle when your just commuting there mint!

The most efficient engines seem to be the 2.0 diesels (across fords especially) no jokes you hardly have to put your foot down to get a wriggle on and there all 6 speed these days so providing you dont drive like a nutter whats the point in going for the sometimes more expensive eco models?

Petrol wise this is the way forward my old 1.6 was crap on fuel im glad to see ford are bringing some focus ;) onto those units its just the sound im dreading to hear.

Seven speed gearbox with a turbo should do nicely on the 1.0 Focus!

Its a good idea, as I dont believe there has ever been an engine less than 1.4 on a Focus (am I wrong?)

I always see a small engine as a false economy. anything under 1.6 on a motorway will rev much higher, and use more fuel on the same journey as a bigger engine, but if you can get the gears right, then theres no reason a 1.0 couldnt cruise down the motorway at 3,000 revs (Yes, I mean petrol!)

You watch these small engines really take off with the car manufacturers and petrol will become more expensive than diesel one again.I do like the idea of the 1.0L engine but if you a caravan lover you still going to go for the 2.0L minimum. <_<

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club