Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta's And Iphones How Does It Work ?

Emme

So my car is on its way be here in a matter of weeks.

I have just got an iPhone and was wondering how this will work with the car.

I don't have the blue tooth option but will be using it as an iPod. How does calling work when it is plugged in with the data cable. Will the music stop so the phone can ring?

I also have freenav downloaded does anyone know how this will work when it is plugged in?

I know people have had various problems with iPhones due to a software issue. I assume a new car will have the latest software on or would I check this when I collect the car?

I wish it was here, the waiting is horrid!

Em xxxx

I don't think you can use the phone via the stereo when it's plugged in via the USB, pretty sure the phone just acts as an external storage device for music. I might be wrong though as I always just use bluetooth.

I wish it was here, the waiting is horrid!

It will be worth the wait! I ordered my Fiesta in June 2009 and finally got it in the September and absolutely fell in love with it :wub:

Can I just use the phone as normal or does this mean unplugging it o take a call?

Just curious

Em xxxx

If you have the high-level bluetooth/USB/VC option, you can make a call and listen to music over bluetooth - no cables required. it will even show the artist and title on the screen over bluetooth (iPhone 4S only)

If you have the high-level bluetooth/USB/VC option, you can make a call and listen to music over bluetooth - no cables required. it will even show the artist and title on the screen over bluetooth (iPhone 4S only)

Just to add iPhone 4 does this too

Sadly no bluetooth. The dealer is giving me one of those fancy cables though and just wondered how it would work.

I may consider getting an after market blue tooth or Sony stereo as its a motability car anything I get with it goes back with it. So if I buy a stereo Icahn switch them back at hand over time.

It all depends on what type of functionality I get with the cable no blue tooth and with it being an iPhone.

Em xxxxx

Ok I figured out exactly what I need to know :D

When the iPhone is connected can I still operate the phone from the handset. Use siri to make calls etc. no bluetooth involved.

Em xxxxxx

Just to add iPhone 4 does this too

Does it display tracks? I thought only the S displays the artist/track etc over bluetooth...

I don't have an iPhone to try it for myself - I personally use a Windows phone which even reads aloud text messages and allows you to dictate a reply - so I was basing it on what I have heard

The cables work great, brings up an ipod-like menu on the dash. My advice would be to run seperate cables though, the cable is a bit awkward in length.

But what about calls????? I assume without luetooth I cannot make them through the stereo? So I would have to use the handset. But would the handset work if it is plugged into the car?

Em xxxx

Not sure, do you have an iPod/iPhone dock? Best way is to hook it up and see if you can still use phone functions.

Not sure, do you have an iPod/iPhone dock? Best way is to hook it up and see if you can still use phone functions.

I have a dock but I know car cables work differently sometimes. So not sure.

Will have to wait for the car.

Em xxxxx

Hi Emme,

Am I right in thinking you are getting a Zetec S?

All Zetec's and ZS's come with free bluetooth and usb sony upgrade for free in March

Hi Emme,

Am I right in thinking you are getting a Zetec S?

All Zetec's and ZS's come with free bluetooth and usb sony upgrade for free in March

It's on motability though so don't know if that cancels it out. I'll ring the dealer to check tomorrow as that would be awesome!

Em xxxx

To clear things up, this is what you need to know.

Without bluetooth, you cannot make a phone call via the radio. It will simply be a MP3 player. With the recent radio update, you no longer need Ford's "Y" cable to play audio. All you need now is the standard Apple data sync cable.

When you have the iPhone pluged into the USB slot, the car will charge your phone, just like it would when connected to a computer. You will still have full control of the handset.

The above is assuming you will have USB in the car. If you only have the 3.5mm AUX port, none of the above applies.

To clear things up, this is what you need to know.

Without bluetooth, you cannot make a phone call via the radio. It will simply be a MP3 player. With the recent radio update, you no longer need Ford's "Y" cable to play audio. All you need now is the standard Apple data sync cable.

When you have the iPhone pluged into the USB slot, the car will charge your phone, just like it would when connected to a computer. You will still have full control of the handset.

The above is assuming you will have USB in the car. If you only have the 3.5mm AUX port, none of the above applies.

That's really helpfull thanks. It is a zetec s I'm getting the brochure says it comes with USB. I've emailed the dealer to ask about Sony radio.

Em xxxx

That's really helpfull thanks. It is a zetec s I'm getting the brochure says it comes with USB. I've emailed the dealer to ask about Sony radio.

Em xxxx

Got an email back and the offer doesn't apply to Motability cars. I get the city pack though.

Em xxx

Hi Em, if your car comes with the AUX port, to which you attach a lead to connect your iPhone, you can 100% make and receive calls through your music system. However when you get an incoming call you will have to slide to answer on your iPhone itself and not the sound system, and if you want to connect a call you will have to do it from your phone. I've done it many times on my new fiesta, and the sound quality is amazing, obviously you could get an external bluetooth device if you like but i would reccomend you try it through the AUX port first.

Hi Em, if your car comes with the AUX port, to which you attach a lead to connect your iPhone, you can 100% make and receive calls through your music system. However when you get an incoming call you will have to slide to answer on your iPhone itself and not the sound system, and if you want to connect a call you will have to do it from your phone. I've done it many times on my new fiesta, and the sound quality is amazing, obviously you could get an external bluetooth device if you like but i would reccomend you try it through the AUX port first.

Great stuff this was what I was wondering.

Just need the car now :D

Em xxxx

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club