Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Wet Roads After A Long Dry Spell

Darren T

I had to recover a crashed car on Saturday, The crash was caused by a road which became very greasy when it rained after a long dry spell . It pays to take extra care when driving on wet roads ( particularly after along dry spell ). The rain mixes with spilt diesel etc & turns bends / roundabouts into ice rinks.

Seeing as most people on the roads don't even drive slow when its snowing a bit of rain wont scare them off till they have an accident.

When it was snowing I had to take some country roads that aren't very popular so they were snowed over a bit. I slowed down for corners all sorts not pushing over 40 on the straights and could feel that I didn't have total control over my car on some bends so I slowed down even more. only to have some idiot race up behind me and over take me. was some little kid with his mate in an old rubbish bubble micra.

Its those sort of people that cause a major accident & walk away without a scratch, And innocent party end up in hospital.

Not really given much consideration to the wet after dry, never would have thought differently to how i normally am in the rain!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club