Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Titanium Econetic 2012 - A Few Things!

Andy C

Hi all - new member Andy here.

Just taken delivery of a 2012 Titanium Econetic, and just had a few thoughts/questions/ramblings to see what others think.

1. Problem first - fuel filler system appears to cut me off after only a few quids worth of fuel; tried the official way of inserting the pump - first notch only, keep it straight etc - but to no avail. Just clicks the trigger off repeatedly. Anyone had this problem, or should I try another filling station (normally use a local BP garage - perhaps it's their style of pump nozzle?)
  2. I can confirm that using an iPod Clasic only requires the standard iPod cable - it carries both sound and data, so no need for the second aux cable to be used :-), and no need to buy a dual cable from Ford or elsewhere!
  3. badge on the rear - I saw another 2012 Titanium Econetic yesterday, and it had the Econetic 'signature' on the back; the one with the little green leaf. Mine has a rather boring square badge saying 'Econetic Technology' or something similar. Is it usual for different badges to appear on the same make/model/year? (see examples below)

Anyway - that's my first contribution - look forward to any answers/comments etc!!

Welcome Andy :)

Can be much help but wanted to say hi and welcome.

Hope you enjoy your new car and sort the fuel problem out. Can the dealer not help?

Em xxx

Welcome :)

I don't know if you've tried holding the nozzle upside down or just holding the handle halfway but that is what my boyfriend does as his Audi A3 also does the same thing. And he's not the only one it seems after he looked it up online with people having the same problem. Although I'm sure he said it could be fixed but he just can't be bothered with the hassle. But it being a brand new car I'm sure a little complaining to your dealer about it they should fix it! :)

Aside from that I hope you're enjoying your new car and post up some piccys soon! (we like a good nosey here!) :)

Welcome Andy :)

Can be much help but wanted to say hi and welcome.

Hope you enjoy your new car and sort the fuel problem out. Can the dealer not help?

Em xxx

Thanks Em - it's a company car so on a Lease contract - I can always report it but they'll probably take the car in for a day.

Welcome :)

I don't know if you've tried holding the nozzle upside down or just holding the handle halfway but that is what my boyfriend does as his Audi A3 also does the same thing. And he's not the only one it seems after he looked it up online with people having the same problem. Although I'm sure he said it could be fixed but he just can't be bothered with the hassle. But it being a brand new car I'm sure a little complaining to your dealer about it they should fix it! :)

Aside from that I hope you're enjoying your new car and post up some piccys soon! (we like a good nosey here!) :)

Thanks for that - I'll try the upside-down trick if it happens in another filling station. The nozzle only actually goes in as far as the first notch anyway.

fiestafuel.png

Just to confirm really that you 'hook' the first notch on the nozzle over the lip of the filler and then semi let-go so it drops down a little. Squeeze trigger and off you go :)

I used to have the fuel filling problem too, I think may newer cars have similar systems. I didn't know about hooking notches but I figured out the same thing, I just put the nozzle in, then push the handle towards the car, as to lift the nozzle inside. It's become a habit now and I don't even need to think about it any more.

Enjoy your car!

Just to confirm really that you 'hook' the first notch on the nozzle over the lip of the filler and then semi let-go so it drops down a little. Squeeze trigger and off you go :)

Cheers - I'll try that although it seems so tight it barely reaches the first notch anyway. I'll get the technique eventually!

I went to a different garage than the one I normally use and the pump kept cutting off every few seconds, I think it does depend on which garage you go to. Took me about 10 minutes to fill up when that happened :D

Well - for those remotely interested, I tried a local Shell garage and had no problems whatsoever (apart from the queue of panic-buyers!), so I guess it's either that particular type of nozzle that BP use or just that particular pump. Be interesting to see if anyone else has problems with BP.

So is it a MK8 Fiesta I've got then (2012 Model)?

I did have a few problems when filling up at my local BP garage, turned out it was just me being a noob and the 'lip' not hooking on properly

So is it a MK8 Fiesta I've got then (2012 Model)?

Most people call it a MK7, though a lot of eBay sellers say MK8. Technically it should be EITHER a MK6 or MK8, but that's a discussion for another day ;-)

I just pop the nozzle in as far as it goes then push down and pull the trigger, I tried the first notch stuff and I had the same problem as you.

I have the small eco badge on mine as well, I like it better than the old one,

The car gives a far better ride than the zetec I used to have, I reckon thats down to the higher profile tyres.

Great car, not for the boy racer of course but tight gits like me. :D

The car gives a far better ride than the zetec I used to have, I reckon thats down to the higher profile tyres.

Great car, not for the boy racer of course but tight gits like me. :D

Interesting, even with lowered suspension the higher profile tyres can cancel out the hard ride? I've always said the ride on the standard Fiesta is too hard.

Interesting, even with lowered suspension the higher profile tyres can cancel out the hard ride? I've always said the ride on the standard Fiesta is too hard.

On the Econetic models the suspension is lowered but it's not firmed up or sporty in any way so, combined with the higher profile tyres, should give a soft ride.

As for the fuelling thing, I have found that even different pumps at the same garage can either like or dislike the Fiesta's fuel pipe.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club