Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hissing From Brake Pedal

suddste

Hi,

Just noticed I get a hissing sound like air escaping when pushing the pedal down from my brake pedal. Just wondering what it is and how much to fix it. The hissing stops when i stop moving the pedal but continues when pressing further

added reply because couldnt find edit button on mobile.

When the engines off pressing the pedal a few times makes the pedal go hard. When i turn the engine on again it goes lower

its normal mate youre worrying over nowt again lol the pedal should go hard with the engine off to test the brakes thats what you do if it goes down with the engine on its working if it goes down with the engine off you have a leak so you are fine

dont worry about it its easy to think god whys it doing that whats wrong ive done it myself

dont worry about it its easy to think god whys it doing that whats wrong ive done it myself

yes! thats exactly what I do lol. I spose it's because i've had a fair few problems in the past with it that i've come to expect it

Hi John,

Most strange noises from the car can be eliminated by turning up the volume on the radio. :D

Hi John,

Most strange noises from the car can be eliminated by turning up the volume on the radio. :D

haha very true, I actually do this on occasions lol

If you wanna know why it does that, its because when the engine is running you have a vacuum being pulled on the servo which makes it easier to push the brake pedal when the engine is running meaning you don't have to press so hard to apply the brakes.

When its off the vacuum from the engine is no longer created meaning that the servo has no vacuum. This makes the pedal stiff after a few pumps. If the pedal is still light after a few pumps when the engine is off. THEN WORRY because it usually means your leaking brake fluid, lol.

• Like 1

If you wanna know why it does that, its because when the engine is running you have a vacuum being pulled on the servo which makes it easier to push the brake pedal when the engine is running meaning you don't have to press so hard to apply the brakes.

When its off the vacuum from the engine is no longer created meaning that the servo has no vacuum. This makes the pedal stiff after a few pumps. If the pedal is still light after a few pumps when the engine is off. THEN WORRY because it usually means your leaking brake fluid, lol.

From past posts by John, he doesn’t need any encouragement to worry. <_<

From past posts by John, he doesn’t need any encouragement to worry. <_<

hahaha

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club