Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Fiesta Parking sensors

Is it possible for me to get parking sensors put on to my new Fiesta or do they have to be put on when the car was being built? The reason I am asking is because I am not great at parking and the other day I very nearly hit the front of my car up against a high curb.

Its possible to get the retro fitted but chances are it will cost more than if you bought them as an option to the car when you purchased it.

Before my Fiesta I had an Astra TT and several of the guys bought their own parking sensors and had them fitted them but I don't know if this feasible on the Fiesta.

I suppose it might be worth checking out..................

I've asked my dealer and he says it can be done, didn't give me an exact quote but said it would be around £200. I also enquired if they could be colour coded (the ones on the paint) and he said they could.

I am a bit worried that by not getting them done at time of manufacture that it may cause problems with the paint on the bumper where they have to cut the holes so I'm in two minds whether to get them at the moment

I fyou get them fitted at a ford bodyshop then they SHOULD use XVISION parking sensors these are the first and only Non Ford product that FORD have said Is endorsed by them to use on the car so if anything went wrong you would be ok. We fit them at my dealer in Leeds

Just got confirmation from my dealer that the total fitted price including colour coding is £199, takes half a day.

Which do you think is the best option?

Another update, saw my dealer this morning (lives a few doors down from me) and he explained that if you get the sensors fitted by a ford dealer after purchase then it will indeed be the X-Vision ones, they will not be placed in the same place as factory fit (under the rear reflectors and across the rear splitter) but will in fact run in a straight line across the rear bumper.

The X-Vision ones can be colour coded in the bodyshop prior to fitting, whereas the Ford factory fit ones cannot.

Vince

I was wondering how you managed to get a price for colour coding when mine came with the car and are not colour coded.

Now I know--use non Ford parts!!!

I was wondering how you managed to get a price for colour coding when mine came with the car and are not colour coded.

Now I know--use non Ford parts!!!

Yeah, although I'm now not sure I want to go for them as all though they can be colour coded I don't really like the thought of them running in a staight line across the bumper above the reflectors

Just have the standard ford ones then--it's the first time I've ever had parking sensors and they are quite handy.

At first I didn't think they worked because you have to get quite close or so I thought anyway!

Just have the standard ford ones then--it's the first time I've ever had parking sensors and they are quite handy.

At first I didn't think they worked because you have to get quite close or so I thought anyway!

Don't think Ford will retrofit the standard ones.

• 1 year later...

just posted up my hints and tips for fitting parking sensors to a Mk7 Fiesta here - cost £15, took under two hours though I got a bit wet in the rain...

hi

i had mine done after delivery on my sea grey titanium fitted colour coded x vision excellent job £199 all fitted :rolleyes:

as for colour coordinated, on my titanium, I painted the corner ones with the touch up paint, and were fine, on the S they came white!

Don't think Ford will retrofit the standard ones.

Well we're having them fitted (Monday in fact) before we pick up ours. Standard Ford sensors.

Cheers

Savcom

• 3 years later...

Hi everyone! My problem is that I have got the factory fitted (3 pin) sensors, wiring and multiway plug and nothing else. I can't see how to remove the Ford sensors, they seem to have an elaborate clip system which is difficult to figure out on my back under the car! Has anyone removed these sensors and fitted the non Ford ones e.g. Xtravision? I'd love to hear from someone! Or maybe I can get the Ford control box, 'buzzer' and wiring back to that mutiway from somewhere?

• 10 months later...

the parking sensor and camera work in reverse , the i move off when i next park the front sensors dont work , any thoughts

Does your Fiesta have a button to turn on/off the sensors? my Mondeo does.

On mine both front & rear sensors turn on when you engage reverse and remain on until you turn off ignition, exceed 5mph or turn them off manually with the button. If you need sensors when parking forwards, you need to use the button to turn them on.

i find that a bit strange, on my ford smax the parking sensors are always on unless swiched off manually. The fiesta system relies on me remembering to switch them on when needed, sounds dangerous

tried the on off button for the sensors. the button lights up when reverse is engaged and goes out when moving off , however when i later park if i press the sensor button there is no light on the button to indicate the sensor is on it appears i have to drive toward the obstruction and hope the system is working. Cant be right surely?

on my ford smax the parking sensors are always on unless swiched off manually.

If the front ones are on all the time that can often give problems when they get covered in rain/spray as they go off!.

tried the on off button for the sensors. the button lights up when

reverse is engaged and goes out when moving off , however when i later

park if i press the sensor button there is no light on the button to

indicate the sensor is on

Ah! on mine the button always lights up when they are on, whether switched on automatically by reversing or manually from the switch.