Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Name: Alex
  • Ford Model: LX
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:31 AM

hey folks, just folded up my rear seats for the first time and its not pleasant under there! gave it a hoover but want to wipe down the metal etc.

i need to remove the plastic trim inside the door and cant get it off. I can unseat it but what look like push bolts are holding them on. i don't want to pull them just incase!

pics below what i mean. any ideas?

photo 3.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 1.JPG

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Tonis_T

Tonis_T

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Name: Tonis
  • Ford Model: Focus

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:56 AM

Anyone? I have the same problem with my 2006 wagon. Also would like to know how if A-pillar covers will just come off with pulling (fully and not just hanging them there dashboard side still attached).

#3 irl-06lx

irl-06lx

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Name: Alex
  • Ford Model: LX
Contributor

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:43 AM

i got it myself finally. they just pull out making sure you keep equal force all around it.

the A pillar just pulls off, I've done that a few times. start from the top and there are a few push bolts holding it that just pull out. once you have them out it should easily come away from the dash but you might need to twist it slightly

#4 Tonis_T

Tonis_T

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Name: Tonis
  • Ford Model: Focus

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:31 PM

i got it myself finally. they just pull out making sure you keep equal force all around it.

the A pillar just pulls off, I've done that a few times. start from the top and there are a few push bolts holding it that just pull out. once you have them out it should easily come away from the dash but you might need to twist it slightly

Thank you.

#5 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,334 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:07 PM

pull pull pull it takes a bit of force the first time round just dont bend anything too far but everything just pops off the bin part in question pull toward you and the centre plastic stud will pop out it can be a pain getting it back in again but a philips screwdriver and a persuasive push does the job.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users