Too much time on the boards

• FOC Supporters
  • 569 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: 2011 Mk3 Focus, 2009 Mk7 Fiesta
  • Year: 2011

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:32 PM

Hi,

My driver's side electric window wouldn't close the other day after two attempts, but closed on the third. I thought nothing of it.

Then after a long afternoon parked in a sunny car park yesterday, my car was roasting. Dropped both front windows down all the way until the air con was cool, but only the passenger side would come back up!

Drove home with the air booming around in the car, trying the switch all the way, but to no avail. I got home, switched the engine off then fired the igntion up, still nothing. Left it for half an hour, still wouldn't work. The relay was still clicking, and I checked the fuses and it's on the same as the mirror and central locking, which were both still working. No choice but to leave the car in the garage over night as I'm sure the local 'yoof' would have taken an interest!

Set off for work this morning (via my local dealer!) and it still wouldn't go up. Then, as I was just approaching the dealer, I tried the switch again and hey presto, the window closed!

Has anyone else had a similar intermittent problem, and is it a simple home fix or will it need to be back with Ford? <_<

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Simon098

Simon098

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Name: Simon
  • Ford Model: Focus Mk2 (56 Plate) 1.8 TDCi
  • Year: 2007

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:58 PM

Probably dirty contacts in the switch or a relay contact not making if you can hear it clicking in.

Considering your car isn't that old, I'd question it again anyways.

Just as a quick question, does it even ATTEMPT to close and doesn't get all the way?

#3 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,073 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:01 PM

agreed take it to the dealer it could be that they are aware of the issue with other cars or something was not connected properly tell them its working now but it has been intermittent and sometimes wont close at all creating a security issue dont mention garaging the car

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users