Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta/ Focus Wheels

Matt8113

hi i got a fiesta with steel wheels :( and my dad is selling his mk1 ford focus soon i was wondering would the wheels fit the focus has 195/60 r 15 and my fiesta has 195/50 r 15

please help !!!! my dad is getting rid of the focus tomorrow and he told me i had to look it up on here thank you :)

You would need to swap the tyres from your steel wheels, to the alloys for the speedo to stay in check. a 60 profile is too high on a Fiesta with 15" wheels. Also, im not 100% sure, but double check the bolts on the Focus. They might be 5 bolts per alloy compared to 4 on the Fiesta.

MK1 and Facelift Mk1 have 4 stud alloys, the ET of both the Fiesta and Focus MK1 are close, so you will be able to put Focus alloys on the Fiesta.

But as Mark says you will have to swap the tyres over to keep the Speedo true. Unless you have the the speedo/ecu recalibrated.

195/60/15 is a size approved by Ford - I wouldn't bother with recalibration anyway, what's the point, speedo isn't perfectly calibrated anyway

If this Focus is MK1 or MK1.5 (pre 2005), then the wheels will be plug & play - I actually were using my Focus's setup on Fiesta (with Eibach ProKit) this winter without any problems

195/60/15 is a size approved by Ford - I wouldn't bother with recalibration anyway, what's the point, speedo isn't perfectly calibrated anyway

Regardless if 195/60/15 is approved by Ford's, so is 215/45/17's but that doesn't mean that, that is right for the Fiesta, and yes the Speedo is calibrated to the rolling Circumference of the wheel/tyre. If you get that wrong then it can know the speedo out by -/+5mph (if not more/less), which can mean getting or not getting a speeding fine, this also means that your Mile/tach will be out so that also means running either more or less miles being recorded that the car has done.

There are reasons Ford put certain sizes of tyre on certain models, else there wouldn't be any reason to have tyre calcs like http://www.miata.net...e/tirecalc.html

EDIT** Incidentally doing the tyre calc on the miata site, putting the 195/60/15's the speedo will be reading about 60mph and the call will actually be doing 65mph

so is 215/45/17's

for a Fiesta? what model? from what I know the only size approved in 17" is 205/40

for a Fiesta? what model? from what I know the only size approved in 17" is 205/40

You've not read my post properly.. I said "Regardless if 195/60/15 is approved by Ford's, so is 215/45/17's but that doesn't mean that, that is right for the Fiesta"

Focus had 215/45/17's on the ST170, and the Fiesta had 205/40/17's now if you put the 215/45's on a Fiesta, like the 195/60's, it will send the rolling cirucumference out, which means your speedo and your counted mileage will be well out aswell

• 8 years later...
  • 3 years later...

Hiya!

Sorry for thread necromancy, but already put input are of interest and it feels more logical to expand the thread than bloating the database with a new one. I don't have a Fiesta but I did have an uncommon Ford called "Puma" (neat little coupe only made in one generation for a couple of years in the late 90s/early 00s) but it was totalled so now I have it's wheels. The Puma shares platform with Fiesta so I'm assuming wheels are pretty much identical, and also previous owner said the wheels (which looks damn good btw) was taken from a Fiesta. Anyways, I have a Focus Mk1 (also 4-bolt pattern) which has worn out tires. I understand I can easily put the Puma wheels on my Focus Mk1, and it will not rub. But my question is, does anyone here has the slightest idea on how terrible it will look "visually", I mean will it look like small small wheels inside a very big wheel arch, or pretty descent? Tried Googling but get no photo hits. I'm also aware of the speedo issue, but I think that's something I can live with.

• Sad 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club