Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replacing Factory Stereo

whoareyou

Hi, new to the forum,

Im looking to replace my factory fitted stereo in my x-reg/2000 ford focus.

I have bought a facia and iso leads (anything else i need?) but am worrided if i take the old one out and decided to put it back in, will i need the security code?

Anyone have any experience?

Thanks in advance for any help

Hi, new to the forum,

Im looking to replace my factory fitted stereo in my x-reg/2000 ford focus.

I have bought a facia and iso leads (anything else i need?) but am worrided if i take the old one out and decided to put it back in, will i need the security code?

Anyone have any experience?

Thanks in advance for any help

Yes, you'll need the code if you put the Ford one back in at any point. If you don't have it, all is not lost. Ask again when/if the time comes. ;)

There are also two facias you can get - standard rectangular ones, and the better-looking Scosche one which has a recess below the single DIN with space for two CDs. Doubt you'd ever actually put CDs in there, but it does look better.

Finally, the ISO kit I got (Autoleads I think) didn't include an adapter for the steering remote. So if you have one and want to use it with a non-standard head unit you'll need to buy a separate adapter for that, too.

Yes, you'll need the code if you put the Ford one back in at any point. If you don't have it, all is not lost. Ask again when/if the time comes. ;)

There are also two facias you can get - standard rectangular ones, and the better-looking Scosche one which has a recess below the single DIN with space for two CDs. Doubt you'd ever actually put CDs in there, but it does look better.

Finally, the ISO kit I got (Autoleads I think) didn't include an adapter for the steering remote. So if you have one and want to use it with a non-standard head unit you'll need to buy a separate adapter for that, too.

Many thanks Whelk8891, :)

Ordered a facia from ebay- but they sent a Fiesta one (which still fits i think) but its silver!

Will check out the Scosche one.

I also bought a ISO lead from ebay- but not the steering adaptor. My Sony head unit is a few years old- so will a steering adaptor still work for it?

If its got a blue remote socket on the back yes. Usually a 3.5mm female stereo jack

thanks- will have a look. Will i have any problems in terms of radio reception?

Do i need to get any antenna adapters, etc?

thanks- will have a look. Will i have any problems in terms of radio reception?

Do i need to get any antenna adapters, etc?

The car has a female aerial plug on it so depending on your head unit you might very well. They are only a couple of quid though.

The car has a female aerial plug on it so depending on your head unit you might very well. They are only a couple of quid though.

OK thanks- dont suppose you have a link for one just in case? ;)

Sorry to drag this topic out more than it needs to! :P

Im going to try replacing the stereo on thur.

I have bought a fascia from eBay similar to this http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/...tegoryId_165626

but have heard poor reports on it in terms of holding the stereo in place-

can anyone comment on this?

(last question-honest!)

That one doesnt need to hold the stereo in place it merely fills the gap above the stereo. If the clips break they do rattle a bit but just be careful fitting it and you'll be ok.

Just to say many thanks for your help.

Installed it yesterday with no problems what so ever.

Actually installed the fascia in upside down as this allowed the stereo to rest inside the dashboard rather than 'hang' as it would have done with the fascia underneath.

Dosent look like ill be able to get an adaptor for the remote stalk unfortuntley- but minor.

Also didnt require an aerial adaptor, so handy.

One final question!!

Bit more of a long shot- but now iv installed it, its gone back to factory settings so has the rolling demo constantly going across the screen- any ideas on how to remove it? Its a AIWA CDC R227

Once again many thanks

The fascia is supposed to go above the stereo so you havent fitted it upside down at all lol.

press and hold scr until ill appears on the display,press up or down to select de,select de turn the audio control to de 0.maybe this will help.

^^thats all I could find about yours on the net.

The fascia is supposed to go above the stereo so you havent fitted it upside down at all lol.

press and hold scr until ill appears on the display,press up or down to select de,select de turn the audio control to de 0.maybe this will help.

^^thats all I could find about yours on the net.

LOL! OK good! :lol::rolleyes:

The picture makes it look like it went below!

Tried the scr but it only goes to 1 or 2!

Thanks for looking anyway

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club