Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Name: Jordan
  • Ford Model: Focus Mk2.5 [08-10]
  • Year: 2008

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:11 PM

Went to put £25 in the tank to tide me over to payday....didnt even give me a half tank, thats because it was 138p/litre...how is this justifiable?

63.7p/litre of petrol of what we pay is TAX!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 top banana

top banana

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec 2011 in Mars Red
Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:44 PM

£1.389 for a litre of unleaded.............. its £1.409 - £1.429 here and Diesel £1.469 - £1.489 around here in Slough!!

#3 ijustwantafile

ijustwantafile

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Name: mike
  • Ford Model: focus titanium

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:22 AM

It's madness. I was watching how much litres I was putting in rather than price the yesterday and was sad how much actually goes in for the price.

#4 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 14,945 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:15 PM

Yeah, its peeving me now, well and truely. We appeal it through Fair Fuel UK, only to find that the tax man are still being greedy ......

Its not as bad in summer, as the cars are warmer, and more efficient, but when the winter comes thats when it really bites harder as its less efficient, and more tanks to top up.

I seriously am fed up, but since I need my car for work, and I cant afford to a) replace it, B) replace it with an "economical vehicle" or c) replace it for an electric car, it kind of leaves you feeling like you have been twisted by the screwdriver a few too many times!

So the option is, either pay the tax, rediculous costs, and work, or jack in your job so that you dont need a car, and get rid. Or alternatively "find a job closer to home"! its these scenario's and answers that the government of today show that NONE of them (none of these parties care, wether present or shadow, as they all grabbed and twisted us by the genetalia!) have a clue, are in touch with reality, or actually want to see the country recover and have a happy community.

I genuinely think that the London Riots of last summer are but a snapshot of the way this country will end up, as we all realise more and more that the government is taking the mick! (for pete's sake... the "pasty tax" is the perfect example!!!!)

Amyway, I wonder how long it will be before the 5th of November repeats itself over and over again!!! this time, it wont just be one guy fawkes, it will be the entire country who all decide to blow there top at the same time....

....sorry guys, I think I have needed to vent that rant for quite some time!!

#5 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 14,040 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
Contributor

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:57 PM

I think you've been watching V for Vendetta too much. <_<

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0434409/

#6 volts

volts

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Name: Chris
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium Auto
  • Year: 2009

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:08 PM

Forget the price check out the panic buy queues

#7 jordan_macgregor

jordan_macgregor

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:44 PM

Forget the price check out the panic buy queues

The 'panic buying' queues are crazy! David Cameron should be shot for telling people to top up their tanks when a strike hasnt even been announced/organised. Its a disgrace. And to agree further, the Government are beyond taking the !Removed!, i bought my Fiesta 2yrs ago and i thought paying 99.9p/litre was ridiculous - never mind 138.9p/litre.

I also totally agree with everythnig jeebowhite said, andi had to start this topic to have a rant haha.

Would the economy not benefit if the government were to slash the price of fuel - speculate to accumulate?

#8 jimrex

jimrex

Too much time on the boards

• FOC Supporters
  • 557 posts
  • Ford Model: 2011 Mk3 Focus, 2009 Mk7 Fiesta
  • Year: 2011

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:56 AM

I was running off fumes yesterday and had to fill up. I queued for 20 mins and there were only two pumps, one petrol and one diesel. You would not believe the amount of people sticking a tenner in, just panic buying!

The one cashier was close to tears, and told me people had been shouting at her all day about the lack of fuel, like it was her fault. I genuinely believe most people are actually stupid, government included.

Who are the winners in all this? The supermarkets.

#9 ijustwantafile

ijustwantafile

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Name: mike
  • Ford Model: focus titanium

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:31 AM

how are they the winners? they only get a few p profit a litre. they're not the ones who put the price up an extra 5p recently...
If anything they're loosing out. tesco near me has queues all the way out to the main road stopping people getting to the actual store.

I've got just less than half a tank left and need to fill up by Tuesday as I'm doing a 700mile trip next week :( really hope there isn't any queues in my way.

#10 rojariggs

rojariggs

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Name: Roger
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.6 TDCI Titanium

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:06 AM

The 'panic buying' queues are crazy! David Cameron should be shot for telling people to top up their tanks when a strike hasnt even been announced/organised. Its a disgrace. And to agree further, the Government are beyond taking the !Removed!

It's the stupid people doing the panic buying that are to blame. I saw the same news reports and listened to the same Government announcements about fuel but I haven't gone and started panic buying. You can't blame the Government for the stupidity of the population!

#11 jordan_macgregor

jordan_macgregor

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:18 AM

Well, yes and no, the supermarkets will benefit fom this, but not as mch as the governement, thats why i blame them, they seen an opportunity to make people believe there was a need to panic buy and make a wee bit extra - knowing that things are allready tighter than a crabs rear, however, i also agree that the population are just as stupid for taking their advice and taking to the pumps asap.

#12 jimrex

jimrex

Too much time on the boards

• FOC Supporters
  • 557 posts
  • Ford Model: 2011 Mk3 Focus, 2009 Mk7 Fiesta

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:59 AM

how are they the winners? they only get a few p profit a litre. they're not the ones who put the price up an extra 5p recently...
If anything they're loosing out. tesco near me has queues all the way out to the main road stopping people getting to the actual store.

Well, I said that because I heard that there is a chance that supermarkets will begin to claim that they can't get their deliveries due to fuel shortages, therefore encouraging people to panic buy food, and hey presto, you will have people queuing on the forecourt and in the aisles, all putting cash straight into the supermarket.

The government are the overall driving factor in all this, but supermarkets are benefitting from it.

#13 kevin lancelott

kevin lancelott

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • Name: kevin
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium X 1.6 tdci
  • Year: 2013

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:28 PM

Our local Esso all sold out.

#14 jordan_macgregor

jordan_macgregor

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:52 PM

Our local Esso all sold out.

i need fuel but i'm kind of dreading going out, because how far am i going to have to drive to get some?! Anyone on this sty in fife?

#15 larsonb

larsonb

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Name: Larson
  • Ford Model: fIESTA

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:13 PM

In our area we have $2.75 it is increasing day by day

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fuel price, petrol, government

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users