Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Fuel Price..

jordan_macgregor

Went to put £25 in the tank to tide me over to payday....didnt even give me a half tank, thats because it was 138p/litre...how is this justifiable?

63.7p/litre of petrol of what we pay is TAX!

£1.389 for a litre of unleaded.............. its £1.409 - £1.429 here and Diesel £1.469 - £1.489 around here in Slough!!

It's madness. I was watching how much litres I was putting in rather than price the yesterday and was sad how much actually goes in for the price.

Yeah, its peeving me now, well and truely. We appeal it through Fair Fuel UK, only to find that the tax man are still being greedy ......

Its not as bad in summer, as the cars are warmer, and more efficient, but when the winter comes thats when it really bites harder as its less efficient, and more tanks to top up.

I seriously am fed up, but since I need my car for work, and I cant afford to a) replace it, B) replace it with an "economical vehicle" or c) replace it for an electric car, it kind of leaves you feeling like you have been twisted by the screwdriver a few too many times!

So the option is, either pay the tax, rediculous costs, and work, or jack in your job so that you dont need a car, and get rid. Or alternatively "find a job closer to home"! its these scenario's and answers that the government of today show that NONE of them (none of these parties care, wether present or shadow, as they all grabbed and twisted us by the genetalia!) have a clue, are in touch with reality, or actually want to see the country recover and have a happy community.

I genuinely think that the London Riots of last summer are but a snapshot of the way this country will end up, as we all realise more and more that the government is taking the mick! (for pete's sake... the "pasty tax" is the perfect example!!!!)

Amyway, I wonder how long it will be before the 5th of November repeats itself over and over again!!! this time, it wont just be one guy fawkes, it will be the entire country who all decide to blow there top at the same time....

....sorry guys, I think I have needed to vent that rant for quite some time!!

Forget the price check out the panic buy queues

The 'panic buying' queues are crazy! David Cameron should be shot for telling people to top up their tanks when a strike hasnt even been announced/organised. Its a disgrace. And to agree further, the Government are beyond taking the !Removed!, i bought my Fiesta 2yrs ago and i thought paying 99.9p/litre was ridiculous - never mind 138.9p/litre.

I also totally agree with everythnig jeebowhite said, andi had to start this topic to have a rant haha.

Would the economy not benefit if the government were to slash the price of fuel - speculate to accumulate?

I was running off fumes yesterday and had to fill up. I queued for 20 mins and there were only two pumps, one petrol and one diesel. You would not believe the amount of people sticking a tenner in, just panic buying!

The one cashier was close to tears, and told me people had been shouting at her all day about the lack of fuel, like it was her fault. I genuinely believe most people are actually stupid, government included.

Who are the winners in all this? The supermarkets.

how are they the winners? they only get a few p profit a litre. they're not the ones who put the price up an extra 5p recently...

If anything they're loosing out. tesco near me has queues all the way out to the main road stopping people getting to the actual store.

I've got just less than half a tank left and need to fill up by Tuesday as I'm doing a 700mile trip next week :( really hope there isn't any queues in my way.

The 'panic buying' queues are crazy! David Cameron should be shot for telling people to top up their tanks when a strike hasnt even been announced/organised. Its a disgrace. And to agree further, the Government are beyond taking the !Removed!

It's the stupid people doing the panic buying that are to blame. I saw the same news reports and listened to the same Government announcements about fuel but I haven't gone and started panic buying. You can't blame the Government for the stupidity of the population!

Well, yes and no, the supermarkets will benefit fom this, but not as mch as the governement, thats why i blame them, they seen an opportunity to make people believe there was a need to panic buy and make a wee bit extra - knowing that things are allready tighter than a crabs rear, however, i also agree that the population are just as stupid for taking their advice and taking to the pumps asap.

how are they the winners? they only get a few p profit a litre. they're not the ones who put the price up an extra 5p recently...

If anything they're loosing out. tesco near me has queues all the way out to the main road stopping people getting to the actual store.

Well, I said that because I heard that there is a chance that supermarkets will begin to claim that they can't get their deliveries due to fuel shortages, therefore encouraging people to panic buy food, and hey presto, you will have people queuing on the forecourt and in the aisles, all putting cash straight into the supermarket.

The government are the overall driving factor in all this, but supermarkets are benefitting from it.

Our local Esso all sold out.

Our local Esso all sold out.

i need fuel but i'm kind of dreading going out, because how far am i going to have to drive to get some?! Anyone on this sty in fife?

In our area we have $2.75 it is increasing day by day

the big winner is the goverment, think how much money has gone into the goverments coffers through tax and VAT just before the end of the finacial year,that will make the books look better!!!

i need fuel but i'm kind of dreading going out, because how far am i going to have to drive to get some?! Anyone on this sty in fife?

Not in Fife, Im up country no probs up here, and I was in Edinburgh today seemed to be no probs there

The panic buying as caused by scaremongering about the inpending strike.

All garages should have normal levels of fuel now.

If you're really stuck with the tank nearly dry then best advice is to get someone to get you a small can of fuel so you can safely get to the forecourt yourself.

Please do make sure that the fuel container is approved and sealed / stored correctly.

Running out of fuel causes many headaches, especially so on a Diesel.

All garages should have normal levels of fuel now.

All the garages in the town I live in have run out of unleaded. Most still have diesel on some pumps. The Esso is not expecting a delivery of unleaded until Thursday.....

bleedin government really, I think they created this scare, just to see them rake the tax in, fuel demand up to 185%, oil company profits of up to 80billion from one week! not only that, but some vendors adding up to 10p a litre onto the already over inflated prices.

My suggestion to you all, get up early this week. Kids are at home, no school runs, and I went to Sainsburys this morning to wash the car - 2 cars in the entire station, with a full reservoir and 8 free pumps at 08:00... you wont be waiting a lifetime as some have already done!

Two ESSO garages about half a mile apart in Bristol, one charges £1.44 & the other £1.37 for unleaded. W.T.F!! Is this legal. !Removed! Turpin wears an ESSO badge. Having said that On The Run ( who I believe is ESSO ) at Cardiff West M4 services are at £1.37 and have a policy of setting the price to £1 below the nearest TESCO. Still expensive but thats good for a motorway service station. My personnal policy is to avoid any garage that is £1.40. If they all go above that the car is going to be !Removed! canned cos Ive had enough of all this.

Ayye it''s utter bull !Removed! like, i filled up last friday [30/3/2012] and already all the prices in my area are approaching the 140p mark, it's scary how much it costs to fill up...my dad was £96... to fill up his Insignia, and that was only when the fuel light had just come on as he pulled into the petrol station

I was in Inverness [Nairn] this weekend and a small Shell garage on the way out of Nairn was charging 145p for PETROL!

crikey! £96 for a tank on a family car... that is rediculous... I keep pushing the boundary of £55-£60 on a 53 litre petrol tank... but £96... Either your dad has a "huge tank" or the garage swapped a few numbers on his receipts...!

crikey! £96 for a tank on a family car... that is rediculous... I keep pushing the boundary of £55-£60 on a 53 litre petrol tank... but £96... Either your dad has a "huge tank" or the garage swapped a few numbers on his receipts...!

£96 at £1.459 per litre works out at about 65 litres. Most cars the size of the Insignia have between 60-70 litre tanks so sounds about right.

north east its up to 138.9 for petrol!