Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,461 posts
  • Name: mintalkin
  • Ford Model: mondeo tdci 130
  • Year: 2006

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:05 PM

the big winner is the goverment, think how much money has gone into the goverments coffers through tax and VAT just before the end of the finacial year,that will make the books look better!!!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 pragmatix

pragmatix

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • Name: Pete
  • Ford Model: Mondea 2Ltr Tdci Ghia X Estate
  • Year: 2002

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:36 PM

i need fuel but i'm kind of dreading going out, because how far am i going to have to drive to get some?! Anyone on this sty in fife?

Not in Fife, Im up country no probs up here, and I was in Edinburgh today seemed to be no probs there

#18 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 14,027 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:40 PM

The panic buying as caused by scaremongering about the inpending strike.
All garages should have normal levels of fuel now.
If you're really stuck with the tank nearly dry then best advice is to get someone to get you a small can of fuel so you can safely get to the forecourt yourself.
Please do make sure that the fuel container is approved and sealed / stored correctly.
Running out of fuel causes many headaches, especially so on a Diesel.

#19 rojariggs

rojariggs

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Name: Roger
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.6 TDCI Titanium
  • Year: 2011

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:43 PM

All garages should have normal levels of fuel now.

All the garages in the town I live in have run out of unleaded. Most still have diesel on some pumps. The Esso is not expecting a delivery of unleaded until Thursday.....

#20 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 14,873 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
Contributor

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:48 PM

bleedin government really, I think they created this scare, just to see them rake the tax in, fuel demand up to 185%, oil company profits of up to 80billion from one week! not only that, but some vendors adding up to 10p a litre onto the already over inflated prices.

My suggestion to you all, get up early this week. Kids are at home, no school runs, and I went to Sainsburys this morning to wash the car - 2 cars in the entire station, with a full reservoir and 8 free pumps at 08:00... you wont be waiting a lifetime as some have already done!

#21 Soulfox

Soulfox

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Name: Ed
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.25 ZTEC
  • Year: 1999

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:27 AM

Two ESSO garages about half a mile apart in Bristol, one charges £1.44 & the other £1.37 for unleaded. W.T.F!! Is this legal. !Removed! Turpin wears an ESSO badge. Having said that On The Run ( who I believe is ESSO ) at Cardiff West M4 services are at £1.37 and have a policy of setting the price to £1 below the nearest TESCO. Still expensive but thats good for a motorway service station. My personnal policy is to avoid any garage that is £1.40. If they all go above that the car is going to be !Removed! canned cos Ive had enough of all this.

#22 jordan_macgregor

jordan_macgregor

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Name: Jordan
  • Ford Model: Focus Mk2.5 [08-10]
  • Year: 2008

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:51 PM

Ayye it''s utter bull !Removed! like, i filled up last friday [30/3/2012] and already all the prices in my area are approaching the 140p mark, it's scary how much it costs to fill up...my dad was £96... to fill up his Insignia, and that was only when the fuel light had just come on as he pulled into the petrol station

I was in Inverness [Nairn] this weekend and a small Shell garage on the way out of Nairn was charging 145p for PETROL!

#23 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 14,873 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
Contributor

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:51 PM

crikey! £96 for a tank on a family car... that is rediculous... I keep pushing the boundary of £55-£60 on a 53 litre petrol tank... but £96... Either your dad has a "huge tank" or the garage swapped a few numbers on his receipts...!

#24 rojariggs

rojariggs

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Name: Roger
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.6 TDCI Titanium
  • Year: 2011

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:30 PM

crikey! £96 for a tank on a family car... that is rediculous... I keep pushing the boundary of £55-£60 on a 53 litre petrol tank... but £96... Either your dad has a "huge tank" or the garage swapped a few numbers on his receipts...!

£96 at £1.459 per litre works out at about 65 litres. Most cars the size of the Insignia have between 60-70 litre tanks so sounds about right.

#25 jayneybabi

jayneybabi

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Name: jayne
  • Ford Model: ford focus titanium
  • Year: 2010

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:40 AM

north east its up to 138.9 for petrol!

#26 jordan_macgregor

jordan_macgregor

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Name: Jordan
  • Ford Model: Focus Mk2.5 [08-10]
  • Year: 2008

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:56 PM

Ayye that was when he got the car delivered, being a company car, they told him to fill his old car and dropped the Insignia off with enough to get him to a garage - everyones feelin it

My Focus has a 55 ltr tank and i could easily get £70 in there - FUMIN!

#27 DaveD

DaveD

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Name: David
  • Ford Model: Ford Ka Edge
  • Year: 2012

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:53 PM

When I passed my test in April 1967 you could buy 4 gallons of petrol for £1. I could fill my Singer Chamois up for £1-10s (£1.50p). Happy days. :D

#28 Torchwood

Torchwood

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Name: My name.. is Neo!!!
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
  • Year: 2013

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:30 PM

On a trip to Essex and back i saw £1.46 a litre for unleaded, and £1.56 for Diesel.. Diesel round where i live/commute is currently 1.47 a litre.... Well, what happened last time with the summer riots is only the beginning...

#29 Kuga Kev

Kuga Kev

KUGA KING

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Name: KEVIN
  • Ford Model: Ford Kuga Titanium X Sport
  • Year: 2014

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:19 PM

I paid 144.9 for diesel in Morrison's in Grays Essex. :huh:

#30 Bigdaddycain

Bigdaddycain

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Name: Ste
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus 2.0 TDCI 6SPD titanium estate
  • Year: 2005

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:55 PM

I'm sorry my friends, but it WILL keep on rising in price i'm afraid. There is an agenda, and most in the know realize that the price NEEDS to be on or around the £1.90 per litre mark by the middle of next year.

If there are any cover stories to so called "justify" the price, then happy days for the government as that makes us even easier to hoodwink.

You think the Americans would pay these type of prices? Being brits we'll do the usual... grumble about it quietly, yet put up with it.

We're the type that will hate the haircut, then smile at the barber when he holds up the mirror and even tip him, then moan about it when he can't hear us.... (true though isn't it?)

We'll do exactly the same thing regarding the fuel price... What we all NEED to do as a complete unified population with NO EXCEPTIONS is to simply NOT buy fuel for an entire month, NO MATTER WHAT! That's the only way to show the government we mean business, and can unify... In fact, it's a manner of coup de tat without the violent uprising.

The excess stocks of fuel wouldn't be flogged off cheap after a month...We'd still have to pay the same price... But it shows that perhaps we won't be held to ransom quite so much, they haven't got us by the short and curlies quite as much as they think they have...

Of course it would never work... Each of us has our own excuses as to WHY we NEED the fuel... Of course we don't actually NEED IT. I'd be prepared to use my Mountain bike for my daily 35 mile commute to work, i'd be getting fit (at last) for very little money!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fuel price, petrol, government

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users