Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Charlie55

Theft From Ford Focus

3 posts in this topic

Stupidly I left the car a 2006 Ford focus unlocked someone opened it up and took various bits & pieces including the owners manual & service history booklet - can they use these to get a key made?

Hi Charles,

I shouldn't think that's possible as Ford would ask for proof of ownership before cutting keys like your V5.

Your log book would tend to be more useful for them to sell a cloned or knackered car for more than it's worth due to it havind an apparrent full history.

Ford would not cut a key purely on a logbook / registration and would certainly want the car available to programme the key anyway.

I would notify your local Police just to cover yourself in case someone clones your numberplates and commits crime / driving offences - this will give you protection if you were pulled over due to an ANPR activation.