Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

mikester

Third Year Service And Bad News

13 posts in this topic

... No it wasn't the cost, although that'd be my first guess too.

My alarm, or more to the point the bonnet/latch sensor is totally past it. Thus my bonnet is now constantly open (apparently), which is annoying continuously getting alarm bongs from the car every 30 seconds whilst driving.

Oh and I can't lock my car, as the alarm goes off straight away. Lol good times, the ford technicians were really good and spent a considerable amount of time looking at the problem and trying to fix it all without any additional cost but they were unsuccessful.

My question is...... Which fuse is related to the alarm and does it affect other systems if unplugged?

I've already tried unplugging the cable attached to the latch but it still alarms and warns of bonnet open.

I can live with the bonnet warnings but not the alarm going off al night, my neighbours are getting very arsey with me :(

Mine's going in for it's 3rd service in 2 weeks, it'll be 20 months old :P How much you paying out of interest? Mine is £219.99

I can get the Haynes manual out when I get home if that's any good to you?

My 3rd in December.

Mine's going in for it's 3rd service in 2 weeks, it'll be 20 months old :P How much you paying out of interest? Mine is £219.99

I can get the Haynes manual out when I get home if that's any good to you?

£240, you got an ok deal. Apparently there are two prices dependant on what filter you've got or something, £240 or £270.

Nath if you could that'd be great. Fed up of hearing the thing now

Haynes manual was no good I'm afraid, basically says "alarm - it has one"

Look on Ford system parts would be £40-£50 to replace catch+bracket?

You can allways wire the sensor so its closed, bonnet catch sensors are allways the first to go

I have same issu with my bonnet, last week when i fill up the screenwash, my bonner did not closed down, i have a nice clean with a aircompressor by the catch and some oil spray... now like a new....

Just out of interest what goes into a 3rd year service? I know it's a major one just at the rate im getting through miles mine will be due in the next few months...

What ford garages are people using?

I have same issu with my bonnet, last week when i fill up the screenwash, my bonner did not closed down, i have a nice clean with a aircompressor by the catch and some oil spray... now like a new....

I think you have missed the point made by the OP its his alarm that thinks the bonnet is open not that the boonet is open

How could I wire it perm closed?

I don't really wana take the plunge with a new catch just in case it's not at fault..

Unless someone local wants to offer their services, I doubt not though...

Is there a way to lock the car without the alarm been activated, like using the key in the door?

If your sensor on the bonnet has 2 wires then just un plug it and join the pins with a piece of wire or paper clip tape it up so it does touch anything and it should sort it till you get the bit you need. Paul

Unplug the switch. If the problem goes away I'd have thought it was the switch.

It's not as simple as that, you unplug that and it states bonnet open constantly. Bongs every 30 secs.