Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scuff/cracked Paint On Rear Bumper

ijustwantafile

I managed to reverse into a small bolard today outside my gym and at first I just noticed the mark on the middle of the bumper and took some polish out my boot and gave it a rub down and got off the paint from the bolard and thought I would sort it when i got home. Now i've had a proper look at it and given it a wash and tried to t-cut it I noticed the mark under it which is like a crack on the paint I think.

see pictures below:

image2.jpg

image.jpg

I've managed to get the scuff at the top out but the cracked paint below I've given it a good rub down and the last picture is the best I've gotten.

It's not that bad and its at an angle that isn't to visable but any advice for trying to get it less visable?

On a warm day it may not have cracked , looks like a "chips away" job to me if youwant it back perfect.

Well a friend has his car "repaired" by chips away and they did a rubbish job. Nothing I can do myself that may help it. I am right thinking its just cracked paint right?

It’s a cosmetic problem that only a professional re-spray can solve; it won’t rust, as the bumper is plastic.

It's hard to tell from the piccies mate, but the bumper may have a slight outward crease that has caused all the paint layers to crack... It's a paintshop job i'm afraid buddy... Why not pop into a local bodyshop for advice? Don't let them fob you off by telling you the whole bumper needs painting, it's a "blow in" job at the most £50-£70 tops.

Ok thanks, yeah it's only plastic so nothing to worry about really I guess. That price doesn't sound bad. If I get some spare cash I'll think about paying someone to spray the area

chips away couldnt sparay youre hair with hairspray had they jokers do a job once a month later the paint literally fell off got them out to fix it and they made a pigs ear of it ended up in a body shop who said the work was appalling mind guys anyone on here can be a chips away just pay the cash do a training course of 6 days and wahey....the crese is very minor and should be tough and not crack anymore ide personally just accept it as an addition to the cars character ;)

For the price of a repair if you that botherd about it if you keep watching on eBay i,ll bet you,ll pick up a decent one half hour to fit.

I would say forget about it, it's nothing major. Had similar marks for a few years (bought the car with it, probably done when attaching the trailer) and nothing more happened. Get a set of parking sensors to avoid such situations in the future.

I would say forget about it, it's nothing major. Had similar marks for a few years (bought the car with it, probably done when attaching the trailer) and nothing more happened. Get a set of parking sensors to avoid such situations in the future.

do they detect small single objects that could be below the sensor?

I'd prefer a camera tbh

do they detect small single objects that could be below the sensor?

I'd prefer a camera tbh

Yes, they do if properly fitted.

If you prefer camera then get one, choice is huge and it is not that expansive nowadays.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club