Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2002 (51 Plate) Maverick 2.0 Xlt, Where On Earth Do I Get Spares?!?

Lord_Mark

Firstly, hello to all here. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Lets set the picture, the wife has recently bought a 2002 registered (51 plate) Maverick. More recently the front drivers wheel bearing has developed a grumble. But as the Best of my intentions can carry, it would seem that after half a days web scratching and phone calling, no spares are available, Period. Nothing, Nada, Neit, Nip.

Can anyone tell me anything different or maybe a nudge in the right direction!

I didnt know it was a 2.0 ltr. That would be rare then.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, just a little history on this, hope it helps; Ford only sold the Mk 3 Maverick in the U.K between 2001 & 2003/4 & only in 2 engine options, 2.0l manual petrol 16v zetec & 3.0l auto petrol V6 (column change auto). It was/is still sold in the U.S.A as the Ford Escape & apart from different engines these years are exactly the same. A joint venture with Mazda they called theirs the Tribute & I believe also had a 2.3l engine option. Haynes don't do a workshop manual for this Maverick but code 36022 gets you the Ford Escape/Mazda Tribute 2001-2007 manual which is very useful. I haven't had any problems getting what spares I've needed to date, Halfords, Allparts, e-bay etc... have all been able to source them but sometimes need a steer in the right direction (this type of history helps). Also never had any issues with MoTs & garages being able to work on it. (Not tried main dealer). Had the cam belt & water pump replaced just after I bought it in Jan 2010. Tyres are the only thing I've found to be a bit contentious; to get the same size as the current 15" wheels have on them I only appeared to have one choice of Bridgestone, (through Tyreshopper) so I might be getting bigger wheels in future! Getting hold of accessories is more of an issue, such as bull bars, side steps etc... I sourced reasonably priced items from a company in the U.S, there are few U.K companies that stock such items. Ford prices are ridiculous & not just a Maverick issue, eg. they wanted £130 each for replacement front fog lights, I got some nice led angel eye fogs from e-bay from U.S for about £60 the pair & perfect fit! You can expect 30+mpg from the 2.0l depending on distances/towing/loads etc... it's only a 52 litre tank so around 330-360 from a tank full. As for the 2.0l being rare, I've seen quite a few in the 2+ yrs I've owned this one not so many of the 3.0l & I had a number to choose from when looking to buy...

:)

• 1 year later...

Hi, sorry to ressurect an old thread but I was interested to see you had bought some replacement fogs from the US do you have a link or better description I can google? I exacted a repair on one of mine recently, I also just bought a 2.0 xlt, but its not quite as water tight as I hoped it would be. A pair of LED fogs would be a very acceptable alternative

• 6 years later...

Hi I have got a 2002 ford maverick and I am looking for a new brake master cylinder and servo. I have just purchased a used one of a 2002 scrapped maverick but If this one I have brought does not work is there anyone else sell them because I have phoned euro car parts etc and they don't sell new ones. Can one from a Mondeo fit? 

• 3 years later...

Reluctantly scrapping Ford Maverick 1996 2.4 swb petrol 124 (nissan terrano2) R20 12V KA245

someones interested !

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club