1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Get Your Club gear
      Get Your Club gear
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

2002 (51 Plate) Maverick 2.0 Xlt, Where On Earth Do I Get Spares?!?

6 posts in this topic

Firstly, hello to all here. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Lets set the picture, the wife has recently bought a 2002 registered (51 plate) Maverick. More recently the front drivers wheel bearing has developed a grumble. But as the Best of my intentions can carry, it would seem that after half a days web scratching and phone calling, no spares are available, Period. Nothing, Nada, Neit, Nip.

Can anyone tell me anything different or maybe a nudge in the right direction!

I didnt know it was a 2.0 ltr. That would be rare then.

Hi, just a little history on this, hope it helps; Ford only sold the Mk 3 Maverick in the U.K between 2001 & 2003/4 & only in 2 engine options, 2.0l manual petrol 16v zetec & 3.0l auto petrol V6 (column change auto). It was/is still sold in the U.S.A as the Ford Escape & apart from different engines these years are exactly the same. A joint venture with Mazda they called theirs the Tribute & I believe also had a 2.3l engine option. Haynes don't do a workshop manual for this Maverick but code 36022 gets you the Ford Escape/Mazda Tribute 2001-2007 manual which is very useful. I haven't had any problems getting what spares I've needed to date, Halfords, Allparts, e-bay etc... have all been able to source them but sometimes need a steer in the right direction (this type of history helps). Also never had any issues with MoTs & garages being able to work on it. (Not tried main dealer). Had the cam belt & water pump replaced just after I bought it in Jan 2010. Tyres are the only thing I've found to be a bit contentious; to get the same size as the current 15" wheels have on them I only appeared to have one choice of Bridgestone, (through Tyreshopper) so I might be getting bigger wheels in future! Getting hold of accessories is more of an issue, such as bull bars, side steps etc... I sourced reasonably priced items from a company in the U.S, there are few U.K companies that stock such items. Ford prices are ridiculous & not just a Maverick issue, eg. they wanted £130 each for replacement front fog lights, I got some nice led angel eye fogs from e-bay from U.S for about £60 the pair & perfect fit! You can expect 30+mpg from the 2.0l depending on distances/towing/loads etc... it's only a 52 litre tank so around 330-360 from a tank full. As for the 2.0l being rare, I've seen quite a few in the 2+ yrs I've owned this one not so many of the 3.0l & I had a number to choose from when looking to buy...

Hi, sorry to ressurect an old thread but I was interested to see you had bought some replacement fogs from the US do you have a link or better description I can google? I exacted a repair on one of mine recently, I also just bought a 2.0 xlt, but its not quite as water tight as I hoped it would be. A pair of LED fogs would be a very acceptable alternative