Willetts86

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: Craig
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec Climate
  • Year: 2007

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:48 PM

Hi all

I own a Fiesta Zetec Climate 2007 with the factory fitted Ford 6000 Stereo and factory fitted speakers.

When the car is switched off I can hear crackling from the speakers and after a short period parked the speakers will start intermittently banging, the stereo is not switched on. I have tried replacing the fuse for the audio on the circuit board in the glove box but this did not resolve the problem. I don't have any experience with troubleshooting issues with car audio so i'm not really sure what could be causing this to happen.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Grandaddavid

Grandaddavid

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: David
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
  • Year: 2008

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:10 PM

My daughter has a 2008 fiesta with exactly the same problem which has only started within the last two weeks.the radio is a cd6000 facelift model.I have taken the fuse out and the noises stop.When we leave the car the noises seem to start after some little time, but if we took the car to a ford garage we couldn't guarantee the noises coming on.The radio works perfectly well in all other respects.On speaking to friends, they think it could be an earthing problem, but where do you start? Any help would be appreciated.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users