Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How to remove 6000 CD from 07 Focus

kiltedboarder

Hi all,

Following my earlier post about needing help to remove stereo. I had a look today and managed to figure it out.

The large silver fascia surronding the stereo simply unclips (bit of a pain as it's very tight and need to be careful not to break it). I unclipped it by using a ten pen piece (screwdriver might mark plastic fascia)

That then exposes 4 screws, undo them and the stereo simply pulls out

Just thought you might like to know

Good bit of knowledge there for any stereo thieves who might be lurking about mate. Well done ;o)

Only trying to help, I'm very sure anybody wanting to nick them would already know how they come out. Don't see why people should try and help others out when they get responses like you sent.

There are plenty of other guides on this form showing how other stereos can be removed, so I don't see any harm in what I did.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi all,

Following my earlier post about needing help to remove stereo. I had a look today and managed to figure it out.

The large silver fascia surronding the stereo simply unclips (bit of a pain as it's very tight and need to be careful not to break it). I unclipped it by using a ten pen piece (screwdriver might mark plastic fascia)

That then exposes 4 screws, undo them and the stereo simply pulls out

Just thought you might like to know

If you need to do that sort of thing regularly, you're much better off with a set of trim tools from somebody like dogegg.net as they're made of a sort of flexible plastic that won't damage your trim like a 10p might.

If you need to do that sort of thing regularly, you're much better off with a set of trim tools from somebody like dogegg.net as they're made of a sort of flexible plastic that won't damage your trim like a 10p might.

I had a look that site but could not find them, any links or photos to help out

cheers