Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DOOR OPEN LIGHT ON DASH ALWAYS ON

darmok

I Have the door open light always on now on the dash, i have cleaned all the contacts and pins and this has not cured the fault,

Now the rear wash wipe works ok, but does not return to the rest or park position...this is really odd, any ideas welcome,

thank you..

Frank..

the light problem sounds like an earth wire from one of the switches grounding putting the light on does the interior light come on as well?

the wiper problem could be the rear wiper relay playing up.

the light problem sounds like an earth wire from one of the switches grounding putting the light on does the interior light come on as well?

the wiper problem could be the rear wiper relay playing up.

Thanks for the reply, i am a bit confused by it having read it thru a few times, (dont understand the interior light bit sorry)..

its the warning light on the dashboard thats permantly staying on, its a warning light similar to say your oil pressure warning light...basically it tells you if any of the doors are not shut properly..this one of mine is on even when the doors are all shut...it should go out, but it doesnt..

The other thing is where is the rear wiper relay located, do you know.?

Thanks,

Frank...

the dash warning light is on the same circit as the interior light so if you have a dodgy door switch contact earthing out you would expect the interior light to be on as well, does you interior light work as normal with the door opening and closing?

there is a relay for the wiper it should be mounted on the fuse box inside the car,i think it's relay#2 should be red in colour your hand book should confirm the location.

Thank you for the fast reply, i understand now about the interior light, i have just gone outside to check this....

This is what happens...i close the drivers door with the interior light on, the light stays on for say 15 seconds or about, then you can hear a faint "click" from the dash and the interior light goes off, its kinda on a time delay, i think its always done that...does that help your diagnosis.?

The door opening warning light on the dash is still not going out....i have cleaned the brass looking pins and brass/copper 4 block thing on the tailgate..and this has made no differance...

So unsure how to progress...

Thank you,

Frank..

-------------------------------------------------------

• 5 years later...

the dash warning light is on the same circit as the interior light so if you have a dodgy door switch contact earthing out you would expect the interior light to be on as well, does you interior light work as normal with the door opening and closing?

I have this problem on my Fusion. Any ideas how I stop this earthing out problem? Thanks.

Use the GEM diagnostic in this post to find the door that is causing the problem.

The circuit for the switches work the other way than described above;

Door closed = switch made = light off

Door open = switch open circuit = light on

So you would be looking for a broken wire, not one that is shorting out if it was a wiring fault.

Thanks for this. Such useful information on this forum.

So to be clear in service mode, the indicator lights and/or tone won't sound on the door that isn't working? Suspect it is the passenger door.

Yes, no tone or lights flash for the duff door.

It should be one of the three rear doors if the car locks, but doesn't flash the indicators to confirm double locking.

Thanks, just tried this - and now of course all working perfectly and each door sounding its tone. Clearly an intermittent issue then making it more annoying!

This is odd, the problem came back again today, and also the car wouldn't lock either. Put it into service mode and everything seemed to re-set and ok again. Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

right its defo not going away this issue, and now confirmed via service mode that it is the passenger door. I don't want to fiddle around with door cards etc, so is there an easy way to con the GEM into thinking all the doors are shut? Ta.

How much is the dealer fix?

• 1 month later...

Auto Electrician (Dave Patrick in Sittingbourne, Kent) sorted this for me today. Took the door panel off an bypassed the passenger door ajar switch.

New actuator would be £300, so preferred paying £70 to bypass it...

Door ajar light still works on other 3 doors.

Thanks for help.

• 2 years later...

How do you bypass this switch?

I have a 1.4 fiesta ghia 2003, cannot lock the car as a result.

• 2 years later...

I have an 03 plate fiesta ..similar situation warning light on dash, interior light stays on, car wont lock...help !!

• 6 months later...

hi i have this problem with both front doors but u can bypass it not locking by button by...

•Try locking car with button when it doesn't lock,

•put key in the door and turn clockwise

•then immediately turn anti clockwise and hold it there and it will lock the car.

I would really like to no how to get this issue resolved ASAP.

I can be driving down the road and the door open light will come on, along with inside light. I have to pull over and keep opening and closing the front passengers door and drivers door until the light goes out.

• 8 months later...

I have a 2007 fiesta. The door warning light won't go off on the dashboard. I've had to take the bulb out of the boot because the light won't go off even when the doors are closed and I'm driving the car.Also the interior light I have to leave off as it won't go off when I shut all the doors. So I can't understand what the problem is and which door is possibly causing the problem.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club