Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Seats Make Me Nervous

Tato

Ok, been thinking about this for a while now, therefore I decided to finally ask you guys.

Is it normal for the seats to glide backwards while I try to access the back seats? Should not the front seats be somehow locked while they are pulled in front?

I hope you get my point...

Anyway, this is annoying when somebody want to jump in the back.

Yeah mine lock forward when I put them forward >_>

I was somehow expecting that...I have to take it to Ford.

Do you mean the back locks in its titled position or the whole seat locks at the front of the runners?

When I tilt mine forward they start sliding on the runners before the back locks in, but then they are free to slide back and forwards on the runners. Parking on a slight uphill gradient then means they slide back into whoever is getting in.

Do you mean the back locks in its titled position or the whole seat locks at the front of the runners?

When I tilt mine forward they start sliding on the runners before the back locks in, but then they are free to slide back and forwards on the runners. Parking on a slight uphill gradient then means they slide back into whoever is getting in.

When you slide them all the way forward they lock in place on mine, on the runners.

I'm with MartynS on this one, when the front seats are tilted forwards they move freely back & forth on the runners.

I'm with MartynS on this one, when the front seats are tilted forwards they move freely back & forth on the runners.

That's interesting...well, maybe I just have to get used with a 3 doors car :D

Mine don't lock...

Correct, they only lock when the top half of the seat is tilted back in to the upright position.

Correct, they only lock when the top half of the seat is tilted back in to the upright position.

Good to know this because I was almost sure that it's some Ford issue...and I guess I just have to choose carefully where I park my car :D

• 1 month later...

Yer the seat design is pretty crap imo. And thrn when you sit back down the seat is all out of poaition.... very annoying!

When I flip the handle to get into the back of the car, the drivers seat will slide all the way forward and lock in place but you can then push it back to where it was.

The passenger one will slide all the way forward but if you let go of the seat will start sliding back on its own like it doesnt lock in.

When I flip the handle to get into the back of the car, the drivers seat will slide all the way forward and lock in place but you can then push it back to where it was.

The passenger one will slide all the way forward but if you let go of the seat will start sliding back on its own like it doesnt lock in.

Funny...each seat has its own personality :D

5 doors for the win I'd say ;)

5 doors for the win I'd say ;)

Easy for you :D

...not that I regret my choice :)

Definitely very strange seating setup!

On my old 206, the seats used to return to their original position. Then when I got my Fiesta it did what you have mentioned for a while, but then the drivers set started to return to its original position after a couple of months! Then, up until last week, it has reverted back to sliding all about! Mind of its own!