Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Door Seals Peeling

mikey4020

Thanks to iNath, I've had success with my local ford dealer to fix the door seal issue free of charge even though my fiesta is 19months old.

I've had no success at all with mine, my driver's side door seal has peeled 3 times and how do they fix it? By gluing it back on... It's shredded and glued all over the place and looks a complete mess. This is with going to 2 separate dealers after the first said it was up to me to pay for...

I've had the whole passenger door seal replaced once and it's still pealed away. Hopefully this sealent from the ford TSB will cure it.

I also need to check whats the warranty on this fix if it does start to peel again.

I've had the whole passenger door seal replaced once and it's still pealed away. Hopefully this sealent from the ford TSB will cure it.

I also need to check whats the warranty on this fix if it does start to peel again.

Don't bet on it, mine have shredded and warped after having been glued so many times, by Ford as well.

My brother recently picked up a 62 plate fiesta and they've now put wedges on the seals to stop them peeling up. May want to see if they can put one of these on yours?

• 1 month later...

My 60 plate Fiesta's door seals are starting to peel both on the driver and passenger door. I phoned the dealer this morning who are telling me it's a chargeable job to fix as Ford only cover seals for one year. Just wondering where I stand on this as after reading online it would seem this is a common fault.

Bought my two year old fiesta today and sane thing has happened to my passenger door. Basically admitted it is double sided tape which holds the seal on..is this right?

Could anyone send me any info/ammo for when I go back this week?

Thanks!

I noticed my door seals peeling on my 61 plate in October (12).

My dealer 'repaired' them straight away.

The 'repair' lasted 1 day !

As my first service was due I asked the dealer if they could again fix the problem, at the same time of the service, and they agreed.

I told them that I wasn't happy with the fact that double sided sticky tape to hold on waterproof door seals was a Ford quality issue, and I would be contacting Ford directly to complain about poor quality.

After 1 week, my car was fixed with a different design door seal, (I believe the seal now being fitted on the production line)...

Ford have been in contact with me twice to ask if the work was satisfactory, and I can only say I am very pleased with Ford, and my local dealer for very good service.

dave :D

• 9 months later...

My drivers door seal has been replaced and re stuck several times but now it is just out of the 3 year warranty and they will not repair it even though the last repair was in April. They claim that there is no guarantee on repairs (yet i was told there was a years guarantee at the time?) and they just fixed this problem as a gesture of good will even though this was never mentioned at the time!

Out of principle I want them to fix this on going problem as clearly there is a design fault here. I am not paying for a repair that i know will come un stuck again in a few months time.

I can see on numerous posts that there is some TSB issue on ETIS? Please Help!!

• 2 years later...

Has this on my Titanium, had a good relationship with them so they did this FOC as a "good will gesture" went back a few months later to get it serviced and another customer with a zetec S was told they had to pay for it...

• Like 1

On 08/02/2016 at 0:32 PM, Johnv said:

Hi Nath, is this file still available?

I don't see it :(