Do Not Sell My Personal Information

High Revving Problem

amandrose

Bought this car six weeks ago and its been nothing but trouble since. Bought trade. First problem was car juddering badly at high speed, trader took it back and tracked/balanced the wheels. OK. That unmasked two front wheels having flat spots. Trader not responded. 3 weeks later - high revving problem caused me two near accidents. Again trader not responded. Been into garage twice. First time changed intake manifold pipe which was split. Didn't resolve high revving. Second time in garage today - can't find anything obviously wrong. Hate this car - don't want it, but too much of a conscious to palm it off to some other unsuspecting no nothing like me. Any suggestions?

Check the throttle position sensor (on pedal) and idle control valve (on throttle body).

Can you explain exactly when she is over revving - at idle, when trying to brake. when driving along?

Could be a frayed or corroded throttle cable sticking, have they checked for any diagnostic codes?

Hi

I also have a revving problem with my 53 focus, occasionally when your coming up to a junction and you put your clutch and brake in the engine starts revving really loudly and goes up to about 2000 revs even when its stopped! Until I put it in neutral and handbrake on etc. It seems to have stumped my local garage so if anybody could shed some light that would be brilliant

Return the vehicle and demand a refund for a car that is not fit for purpose, and as it has nearly caused accidents, it is in a poor roadworthy condition, regardless of its MOT status.

As such I would refuse to keep the vehicle and return for a full (pro rata) refund.

Dont ask, tell them. Turn up on their doorstep and demand to speak to the manager and refuse to leave until the police cart you off! I really wouldnt accept this vehicle, and you will be returning it within a reasonable time.

Not sure if anyone has watched the tv programme "Don't get done, Get Dom" on BBC but there was a case where a young woman had a brand new Citroen that showed a check engine fault on the dash nearly every day she had it.

Dealer swore blind the car was fine and it was only a software fault.

They couldn't fix it and she repeatedly complained.

I believe they even threatened to blacklist her if she cancelled the finance package.

In the end after intervention, she got a full refund of anything she had already paid, a clean credit history and no penalty for mileage done.

Goes to prove that it can be done but takes a bit of tenacity to do so.

Remember the 3 R's. Repair, replace, refund.

If its a pertrol it may well be the crankcase breather hose under the inlet manifold.