Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Iphone 4 & New Fiesta Problem/question.

guffje

Hey guys (and gals)

I recently upgraded my Fiesta to the new Fiesta style, frozen white. Absolutely love it.

Its brand new and I got it from the dealership, the dealer said I would need to plug in my usb cable AND an auxillary cable into my iPhone 4 to listen to it. I have the Ford Stereo but I dont have bluetooth or anything that can be used with the telephone on it.

Anyway this is the problem;

I took the auxillary cable out, and my iPhone worked perfectly only connected with the USB cable - I could browse through the playlists/artists using the dashboard which made it so easy. Anyway, I then tried a USB stick and could do the same thing. So for a few days I was using my USB stick. Today I connected my phone again and had problems. It was only playing all my songs from A to Z. It wouldnt let me browse any songs, though I could skip songs. I disconnected the phone, tried rebooting it and still nothing. I also tried playing a playlist then connecting my phone. When connected I could skip through the playlist, but using the dashboard I couldnt navigate the songs.

I put the USB stick in afterwards and could navigate around that. Im quite dumbstruck, any help is appreciated!

hi,congrats on youre new fiesta, i too have just picked my new fiesta up also in frozen white i think the fiesta looks amazing in this colour,sorry i cant really help with this issue at moment as i have not tried my iphone4 in car,so i look forward to seeing what replys you get just in case mine is same,but i have used used usb stick and that works fine using buttons on dash and music list comes up on screen,hope someone can help you on here..

Try pressing the left arrow key with the iPhone plugged in. It should take you to playlists artists albums etc. I have a brand new zetec s and use an iPhone.

Hope this helps

Em xxx

Thanks Em, I have tried this and it doesnt work. It use to work until I tried a USB stick, now it doesnt let me browse songs/artists on my iPhone. Im confused!

Thanks Em, I have tried this and it doesnt work. It use to work until I tried a USB stick, now it doesnt let me browse songs/artists on my iphone. Im confused!

That is weird. Let me have a fiddle with mine and I'll get back to you

Em xx

At a loss! Did your iPhone update between using the stick at all?

Nope not at all. My iPod touch has the same problem. Weird. Might have to contact the dealership and see what they say

I was lookin at that but when I was reading it said I needed the bluetooth stereo or something?

I've had the same problem for months. I even took it into the dealer who said there was nothing they could do. For me, it happened when I updated to IOS5. Apparently it must work differently to the other versions and Ford haven't bothered fixing it. Seems there's only two of us who have USB but not bluetooth.

I tried updating the software, but it only works on bluetooth equipped models.

If you figure it out, please let me know. I'll be getting rid of the car ASAp because of this oversight. Roll on November...

S

I've had the same problem for months. I even took it into the dealer who said there was nothing they could do. For me, it happened when I updated to IOS5. Apparently it must work differently to the other versions and Ford haven't bothered fixing it. Seems there's only two of us who have USB but not Bluetooth.

I tried updating the software, but it only works on Bluetooth equipped models.

If you figure it out, please let me know. I'll be getting rid of the car ASAp because of this oversight. Roll on November...

S

Out of curiosity, would you be willing to check if there is a module for the USB similar to bluetooth or whether it runs directly to the stereo?

Guide is here.

Hi Neil, I too have the Fiesta in white and am well pleased with it, your car should have blue tooth as ford are giving away free at the moment, sometimes the sales people dont always know how to do stuff. i have the iPhone and found it workd like this.

press Aux on the stereo facia repeatedly until it displays line in then connect your USB and it should give you access to the iPhone menu and say something like Line in Acitve on the car screen.

If your car has the blue tooth you will have to pair the phone 1st with it of course then press the left stalk voice command and when it beeps say external device then after it repeats that say bluetooth then after the car says bluetooth say play, this starts the itunes playback by bluetooth. Or you can do it by keep pressing the Aux buttom until the display shows the symbol for it which looks like ) )))

I prefer to use the bluetooth playback cos u can also access other features of the phone life skype and GPS navigation maps while playing ur music and just put a charger on the phone from the power outlet.

Hope that helps mate B)

Out of curiosity, would you be willing to check if there is a module for the USB similar to Bluetooth or whether it runs directly to the stereo?

Guide is here.

Will do it tonight ;-)

press Aux on the stereo facia repeatedly until it displays line in then connect your USB and it should give you access to the iPhone menu and say something like Line in Acitve on the car screen.

If your car has the blue tooth you will have to pair the phone 1st with it of course then press the left stalk voice command and when it beeps say external device then after it repeats that say bluetooth then after the car says bluetooth say play, this starts the itunes playback by bluetooth. Or you can do it by keep pressing the Aux buttom until the display shows the symbol for it which looks like ) )))

I prefer to use the bluetooth playback cos u can also access other features of the phone life skype and GPS navigation maps while playing ur music and just put a charger on the phone from the power outlet.

Hope that helps mate B)

When I connect my iPhone via cable it says "Ipod initalising" on the display for a moment then goes back to the mode it was in. Pressing AUX goes through Line in / bluetooth and Ipod mode (if you have a USB stick in the socket you don't get ipod mode you get USB mode).

The phone works in BT or Ipod mode with the music playing as a background app on the phone (Apple restricts what cna run in the background rather than what is suspended in memory) and I can use GPS on the phone while music is playing from the Ipod app.

It has quirks, if I'm in an album on the iPod it will only play that album it won't shuffle out of that selection, and the ipod app on the phone won't respond to the screen until you disconnect the lead as it says Accesorry connected.

Interestingly if we use my wifes iPod it puts the Ford logo on the ipod screen but the iPhone just says Accessory connected.

Hi,

I found a solution - I took the glove box out to see the fuse box and removed the fuse for the stereo - left it for 2 minutes and put it back in. My iPhone works again with a standard iPhone cable and I can access playlists/artists/songs - I am very happy again!!

• 3 months later...

i had this problem with my fiesta titanium and finally found out how to fix it, Ford1 to 10 is correct but you need to update your system on the ford website: http://www.ford-mobi...ownloadsUpdates then follow the instructions, make sure when you extract the files to your USB that they are the up most visible files, do not put them in to a folder, and then follow the installation instructions that they have provided, enjoy switching through playlists with voice control.

Hi Neil,

I have a Fiesta Zetec from Ford used car programme, it came with lots of extras including the free bluetooth and voice recognition .

Now I have an iPhone 4s with the latest upgrade an when I try to play music through the bluetooth it did not work.

So I plugged in the phone through the USB port an it sent the radio nuts!

What I mean is it did not work on anything untill I turned it off and turned it back on again.

With this in mind I have not bothered to try it again , having said that I have not read the manual in any great depth but there does seem to be issues with it.

I don't think it will have me part company with the car because of this though!

Cheers

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club