Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 1.8 Tdci Cutting Out.

roynomad

Hi, own a 2003 1.8 TDCI focus.. 130k on the clock, full service history....

Problem only started the other day, doing a slow U turn and it just lost all power and cut out. Started fine, did another U turn and it cut out again. Theres no smoke and it was running really well, Ive done 150 miles on the same fuel and still have over half a tank. Went to work in it that night and drive home in the morning with no problems. Loaded the car for a weekend away, it stalled twice on the drive but i put that down to me. Drive 3 miles down the road and it lost all power and the engine cut out. Managed to get it home by stop start driving. The last half mile it seemed fine so i nipped up the road and a couple of miles it stopped again. Im sure it aint the fuel but could it be the cam shaft position censor or the fuel filter housing ?? Any help would be good as i know nothing about cars and im pretty skint..... Thanks....Roy

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club