Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Audio Update..

cuke

I'll try it out later , any idea what improvements ? is it just Ipooo again or have they improved Android

*EDIT*

Release: April 2012

The update to your Ford bluetooth and multimedia module provides you with improvements in the following areas:

- Playback of music files via the USB stick

- Connection stability of iPod/iPhone devices

- Connection stability for bluetooth, telephony and music streaming via bluetooth

- Compatibility of mobile phones

No updates for Android so may leave it as mine is working OK at the moment. but nice find Chris

Hi Preee

Where did you find the update details?

I cant see anything on the above link to tell me that its a April 2012 release?

cheers

*sorry found it in the file itself

Does anyone know if this works on the Sony headunits? I tried an update once before and it didn't work. :wacko: I'm sure that I read on here that the Sony units cannot be updated.

Dont see why it would'nt work?

Here are the release notes and it does'nt state anything about not working on Sony units

Release: April 2012

The update to your Ford bluetooth and multimedia module provides you with improvements in the following areas:

- Connection stability for bluetooth, telephony and music streaming via bluetooth

Release: October 2011

The update to your Ford Bluetooth and multimedia module provides you with improvements in the following areas:

- Supports the original Apple USB cable

- Apple iOS 5 compatibility: display of the phones battery level and signal strenght

- Apple iOS 5 compatibility: improved stability for music streaming via Bluetooth

- Connection stability for Bluetooth, telephony and music streaming via Bluetooth

- Display of phone book and call lists

This update is applicable to the following vehicles:

Model Built date

Fiesta: July 2008 - December 2011

Focus: February 2008 - January 2012

C-MAX: February 2008 - January 2012

Kuga: February 2008 - January 2012

Mondeo: September 2008 - January 2012

S-MAX: September 2008 - January 2012

Galaxy: September 2008 - January 2012

Transit: from June 2009

Ranger: from April 2009

• Like 1

Am going to try it then

Let us know how you get on :)

It just states 2008 and onwards , so it should work with Sony if its build date is after 2008

:) Just done the update! :)

First of all I followed the instructions on the website and surprise, surprise it didn't work. Just came up Update Failed in the radio display

IMG_0125.jpg

So I had a look through the FAQ on the update website, and it turns out that in some cases you have to delete all but two of the files from the USB stick. You have to make sure that the only two files on the USB stick are:

8M5T-14D511-AU.BVC

8M5T-14D511-AU.VBF

All of the other files are for other languages, so not needed. Tried again:

IMG_0127.jpg

The update takes around 20 minutes, and is well worth doing. I can now stream music over bluetooth from my phone, couln't do that before, and no need to use the crappy Ford Y cable when connecting my iPod, the Apple cable now works!

that's odd I looked in my usb stick and there is no files ending in " AT" (8M5T-14D511-AT)

*you mention AU but in faq it states AT is english?

that's odd I looked in my usb stick and there is no files ending in " AT" (8M5T-14D511-AT)

*you mention AU but in faq it states AT is english?

Yeah, the FAQ seems to be wrong there are no files in the zip file that end in AT. There is 2 that end in AU, I deleted everything off the usb stick other than the AU files, and it worked.

ah I see , I may just keep all files on the stick then as I last time I updated I think I kept all files on it.

• 4 months later...

Hi All,

I have just come accross this and I'm about to do the update on my system but I just have a question that I'm hoping some one can answer or help me with....

When my iPhone connects via bluetooth to the system it Autoplays my last song/podcast that I listened to via the iPod app....does anyone know of a way to stop this from happening as it really drains by battery and is annoying :( any help that anyone can give would be appreciated and with a solution for either a stock iOS5 or a Jailbroken solution.

Cheers :)

• 3 months later...

Just in case anyone needs to know there has been another small update release (November '12)

• 1 year later...

Looks like I may have to pay a visit to a Ford garage then, time to get the wallet out! Anyone got any idea how much it would cost??

Sent from Ews iPad.

Looks like I may have to pay a visit to a Ford garage then, time to get the wallet out! Anyone got any idea how much it would cost??

Sent from Ews iPad.

I just posted a link to the update?? I have it saved from before.

Thanks Higgsy but it won't let me download it. It says too many users have downloaded it and it's not available anymore and to try again later.