Too much time on the boards

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • Name: John
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.0 125 Titanium X
  • Year: 2013

Posted 01 February 2009 - 04:50 PM

Just recently I've noticed a loud buzzing which appears to come from the dashboard whenever I get in my car. It seems to start from the time that the car is unlocked and then remains on in the background all the time.

I took it back to the dealer on friday afternoon and he and I both sat in the car without the engine running for about 5-10 mins when it eventually went off.

Neither of us is sure about this--it sounds like something powering down--but last night on my way home from a night out it seemed even louder.

Anybody else get this--maybe it's normal--I don't know.......

When you are driving with the radio on you can't hear it but it's still there..........

Anybody got any theories.............

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 mintalkin

mintalkin

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts
  • Name: mintalkin
  • Ford Model: mondeo tdci 130
  • Year: 2006

Posted 01 February 2009 - 05:32 PM

it could be a relay buzzing but which on is hard to say, get access to the relays and touch each one to see if you can feel the buzz.

#3 smedley

smedley

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Ford Model: MK 4 GHIA
Posted 02 February 2009 - 09:30 AM

i had the same problem on my fiesta, it was so loud you could hardly drive the car, after visiting about 4 garages, eventually it turned out to be the Actuator Valve on the air intake, cant exactly remember the proper name for the part, it wasnt an expensive part, about 19.00..

but to fit it was a pain, half the dashboard had to be removed to fit it, i took it to a ford dealer, the whole job cost about 75-80..as i recall..been fine since..

hope this helps..

frank...
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users