Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Squeal When Turning

Dazzzz7

Need a bit of advice/help, when steering left or right, something makes a high pitch squeal, it comes and goes, usually comes when steering round corners at a reasonable speed, tried taking both wheels off and cleaning brake discs and calipers, lubricating joints etc, removed any build up of rust n dust basically. Anyone had anything like this or know of any fixes. Fiesta mk7 59 plate

Cheers

If this is the same as me it will be one or both of the following.

1.Low tread 2-3mm.

2.Low pressure.

May or may not be relevent but my previous Fiat used make squeels from the power steering if the power steering fluid was low.

Not low as in below the min line but if it was below half of the min/max it would squeal when you got to the the extremes of the turn such as when you do a full lock to reverse into a car park.

I had this one my fiesta, when turning left between 30 and 40 mph. So I took it back to ford and all they did (or so they said) was dismantle the brakes, clean them up and refit them. there was still plenty of life in the brakes so they didnt replace them. its been fine ever since.

I remember being told when I complained about this that it was something to do with a design fault regarding the way the brake pads fit into the front brakes. They took mine in cleaned etc and it was fine for the rest of the month that I had it haha

I'll check the tire pressure, tread on tyres is fine, brakes etc are all cleaned and at a fair level, so other wise, who knows, any other checks or fixes I could try would be appreciated

Cheers

Power steering pump is sometimes associated with squealing sounds, just like the OP has described.

I would advise to check the pump, just in case.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club