metal-liam

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Name: liam
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Metal
  • Year: 2012

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:02 PM

I have a 12plate Fiesta metal as most of you know, and i was driving it today (Quite fast) i pulled away from another car (race) and i got to about 5-6 RPM in first gear and the power cut out, now the car has all growl but no speed. I think ive done something really bad to it ? :(

Liam

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 adamc260

adamc260

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Name: Adam
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium 1.4 (3 Door)
  • Year: 2011

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:03 PM

Stop driving like a chav :P!

Don't know tbh, ring Ford and ask them to book it in if it's gone all funny (May of gone into limp mode? =/)

#3 Stewie316

Stewie316

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Name: Kyle
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Titanium 1.4 - Hot Magenta
  • Year: 2010

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:18 PM

Never had that sort of problem and i do growl to the 5-6k mark. (Mainly when a BMW is riding my A** to get out of his way) Of course happens often when going up a steep hill to overtake a farm tractor or trucks as well. A361 has some rough hills here in the south for this little car..

Forgot to add, usually only at those marks for maybe 5 seconds and then i'm back to 3-3-5k.

P.S.
Did you win the race :P

#4 b1g_dav3

b1g_dav3

Ford Enthusiast

• 2,510 posts
  • Name: David
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
  • Year: 2013
Contributor

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:28 PM

Well the engine is designed to go at those RPM's, otherwise it'd be limited to a lower RPM, though by the sounds of it it's probably in limp mode. Ford should be able to knock it off.

#5 metal-liam

metal-liam

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:40 PM

Will this cost me any money :( sorting this limp mode out. And no i lost the race as this is when the problem occurred grrrr.

Liam

#6 lodav2011

lodav2011

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Name: louis
  • Ford Model: fiesta titanium
  • Year: 2009

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:02 PM

if it was in limp mode wouldnt it have a light on the dash to say so..... tbh i wouldnt be driving a brand new car at them revs untill it was run in a little.

#7 metal-liam

metal-liam

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:07 PM

if it was in limp mode wouldnt it have a light on the dash to say so..... tbh i wouldnt be driving a brand new car at them revs untill it was run in a little.

Yeah i was thinking something should of came up on the dash. And ive driven the car like it plenty of times and nothings happened. and its done nearly 700 miles.

#8 Maleforce

Maleforce

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Name: Graham
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S 1.6 TDCI 95

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:13 PM

Yeah slow down Liam, thats a new car you got there always thought that your supposed to be gentle for the 1st 1000 miles or so, at the end of the day its under warranty so won't cost you anything. One reason I'd never buy a used sport model is cos some knob will have thrashed its !Removed! off, next thing you be telling us its been in a crash!

#9 metal-liam

metal-liam

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:17 PM

Yeah slow down Liam, thats a new car you got there always thought that your supposed to be gentle for the 1st 1000 miles or so, at the end of the day its under warranty so won't cost you anything. One reason I'd never buy a used sport model is cos some knob will have thrashed its !Removed! off, next thing you be telling us its been in a crash!

Yeah im going to slow down from now on. (Until i hit 1000 miles hehe) joking nah ill slow down. And dont say ill crash that upsets me :( ha. ill take it to fords this week get it checked.

Liam

#10 lodav2011

lodav2011

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Name: louis
  • Ford Model: fiesta titanium
  • Year: 2009

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:21 PM

let us know how you get on all ways interesting to know what was wrong

#11 Maleforce

Maleforce

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Name: Graham
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S 1.6 TDCI 95

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:38 PM

LOL I guess your fairly young, to be honest I was no better had a fiesta XR2 when I was 21 and used to thrash it everywhere, was amazing fun, oh yeah and I smashed it up (black ice) so yeah been there done that just be careful. B)

#12 fordieashx

fordieashx

Ford Traitor

• PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Name: Ashleigh
  • Ford Model: Ex Fiesta Zetec S 30th Anniversary Owner
  • Year: 2008

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:50 PM

+1.
Count yourself lucky for having a brand new car, look after it and it'll look after you! After all you don't want to have engine issues with your brand new car do you?

Just please don't tell me it was a corsa or something you were trying to race when it happened!? :blink:

#13 metal-liam

metal-liam

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:57 PM

You all say some good advice and in gonna agree and stick with it, I'm gonna calm down,
And the car I was racing was a Mountined 140ps fiesta zetec s, I thought it would be a good race, but my car let me down :(

Liam

#14 Stewie316

Stewie316

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Name: Kyle
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Titanium 1.4 - Hot Magenta
  • Year: 2010

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:52 PM

I wish you best of luck Liam. I don't trash mine around but they should still be able to pack a punch every now and then. Have you checked the fluid levels by any chance? Ford should take care of it if they find a problem.

#15 1989jeffrey1989

1989jeffrey1989

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Name: kieren
  • Ford Model: focus zetec
  • Year: 2003

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:43 PM

My dad had a Y reg old shape fiesta zetec, He said he got 110 mph out of it because the engine can go full RPM, Maxing every gear personally i wouldnt do it :L id love an XR2 ! Was looking at them before i got the 12 plate fiesta but the insurance is extortionate ): we can all dream (:

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users