Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I Think I Have A Problem.

metal-liam

I have a 12plate Fiesta metal as most of you know, and i was driving it today (Quite fast) i pulled away from another car (race) and i got to about 5-6 RPM in first gear and the power cut out, now the car has all growl but no speed. I think ive done something really bad to it ? :(

Liam

Stop driving like a chav :P!

Don't know tbh, ring Ford and ask them to book it in if it's gone all funny (May of gone into limp mode? =/)

Never had that sort of problem and i do growl to the 5-6k mark. (Mainly when a BMW is riding my A** to get out of his way) Of course happens often when going up a steep hill to overtake a farm tractor or trucks as well. A361 has some rough hills here in the south for this little car..

Forgot to add, usually only at those marks for maybe 5 seconds and then i'm back to 3-3-5k.

P.S.

Did you win the race :P

Well the engine is designed to go at those RPM's, otherwise it'd be limited to a lower RPM, though by the sounds of it it's probably in limp mode. Ford should be able to knock it off.

Will this cost me any money :( sorting this limp mode out. And no i lost the race as this is when the problem occurred grrrr.

Liam

if it was in limp mode wouldnt it have a light on the dash to say so..... tbh i wouldnt be driving a brand new car at them revs untill it was run in a little.

if it was in limp mode wouldnt it have a light on the dash to say so..... tbh i wouldnt be driving a brand new car at them revs untill it was run in a little.

Yeah i was thinking something should of came up on the dash. And ive driven the car like it plenty of times and nothings happened. and its done nearly 700 miles.

Yeah slow down Liam, thats a new car you got there always thought that your supposed to be gentle for the 1st 1000 miles or so, at the end of the day its under warranty so won't cost you anything. One reason I'd never buy a used sport model is cos some knob will have thrashed its !Removed! off, next thing you be telling us its been in a crash!

Yeah slow down Liam, thats a new car you got there always thought that your supposed to be gentle for the 1st 1000 miles or so, at the end of the day its under warranty so won't cost you anything. One reason I'd never buy a used sport model is cos some knob will have thrashed its !Removed! off, next thing you be telling us its been in a crash!

Yeah im going to slow down from now on. (Until i hit 1000 miles hehe) joking nah ill slow down. And dont say ill crash that upsets me :( ha. ill take it to fords this week get it checked.

Liam

let us know how you get on all ways interesting to know what was wrong

LOL I guess your fairly young, to be honest I was no better had a fiesta XR2 when I was 21 and used to thrash it everywhere, was amazing fun, oh yeah and I smashed it up (black ice) so yeah been there done that just be careful. B)

+1.

Count yourself lucky for having a brand new car, look after it and it'll look after you! After all you don't want to have engine issues with your brand new car do you?

Just please don't tell me it was a corsa or something you were trying to race when it happened!? :blink:

You all say some good advice and in gonna agree and stick with it, I'm gonna calm down,

And the car I was racing was a Mountined 140ps fiesta zetec s, I thought it would be a good race, but my car let me down :(

Liam

I wish you best of luck Liam. I don't trash mine around but they should still be able to pack a punch every now and then. Have you checked the fluid levels by any chance? Ford should take care of it if they find a problem.

My dad had a Y reg old shape fiesta zetec, He said he got 110 mph out of it because the engine can go full RPM, Maxing every gear personally i wouldnt do it :L id love an XR2 ! Was looking at them before i got the 12 plate fiesta but the insurance is extortionate ): we can all dream (:

There are lots of things that can cause a car to (correctly or incorrectly) go into limp mode. Normally a quick blast on the Ford computer and you're back to normal. Could be a sensor or other fault in which case the warranty will take care of it. Cars have limp mode to protect themselves from damage when the engine management system thinks there might be an issue.

As for you having caused it - Cars have rev limiters to prevent you revving it enough to do any damage! B)

I have a 12plate Fiesta metal as most of you know, and i was driving it today (Quite fast) i pulled away from another car (race) and i got to about 5-6 RPM in first gear and the power cut out, now the car has all growl but no speed. I think ive done something really bad to it ? :(

Liam

Im guessing this race was on public way?

if so then you deserve your car to be broken and not work again.. Racing on the streets its for idiots...people who dont think of others.

If you wanna race go to a trackday, not on the street

if so then you deserve your car to be broken and not work again.. Racing on the streets its for idiots...people who dont think of others.

There is all ways one.......... there is a time and place for everything and im sure he wouldnt of gunned it if it wasnt safe.

Edited by DanGull
Unsavoury comment removed.

How dare you comment on my post and criticise me and putting a spell on my car! I started this topic for advice on what it could be not to be abused and criticised! And you will be happy to know it was at a runway that has been out of use for years.

Liam

How dare you comment on my post and criticise me and putting a spell on my car! I started this topic for advice on what it could be not to be abused and criticised! And you will be happy to know it was at a runway that has been out of use for years.

Would have saved you grief if you had mentioned that before. ;)

Authorised off road racing? fill your boots, it's your car and fuel. ^_^

On public highways? Please don't, i attend way too many accidents to condone it. :(

where is this so called run way then ;) lol

Would have saved you grief if you had mentioned that before. ;)

Authorised off road racing? fill your boots, it's your car and fuel. ^_^

On public highways? Please don't, i attend way too many accidents to condone it. :(

I'd never race on public highways, I don't condone it, I'd never put anyone else's life in danger.

Liam

I'd never race on public highways, I condone it, I'd never put anyone else's life in danger.

Good lad ;)

I'd never race on public highways, I condone it, I'd never put anyone else's life in danger.

Liam

You condone it? Do you know that means lol? =/

You condone it? Do you know that means lol? =/

I think he meant he doesn't condone it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club