Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I Think I Have A Problem.

metal-liam

Woops edit has been done. Thanks guys.

And for the guy who hates street racing please come Birmingham tracks every Sunday :) hahaha what a prooook

Have you got you're car fixed yet Liam?it would be interesting to see what the problem really was and how helpful ford were if you did end up taking it back to a dealer...

Have you got you're car fixed yet Liam?it would be interesting to see what the problem really was and how helpful ford were if you did end up taking it back to a dealer...

I'm taking it in to my local dealer tomorrow, hopefully it won't be anything big. I was listening to the engine today and it sounds really ratterly and rough.

Liam

I'm taking it in to my local dealer tomorrow, hopefully it won't be anything big. I was listening to the engine today and it sounds really ratterly and rough.

Liam

Well fingers crossed mate, I'm hoping its just something really simple :) would be good to know what it is just incase anything similar happens to me

Btw i would like to know where this runway is, sounds like a place to really put the Metal through its paces!

all the best mate

Rob

Man, don't forget it's just a Fiesta...not an M3 ;) :D

Update.

Took my metal into the dealer today and got a person from service to look at it, he agreed with me that the car didn't sound right and he took it for a drive up the road. He came back and he thought it could be a blockage somewhere, probably the exhaust. He said bring it in tomorrow and they will have a Proper in depth look and it may take some time, he said they have had about 4 yes 4 fiesta metals with this problem where the car can't tolerate much revs in 1 and even 2nd so it cuts out. He also said that my brakes were very spongey which was another reason I went up there for, so they will sort that out as well. Spongey brakes and a blockage on a 12 plate car what on earth are ford up to :(

Liam

These things can happen on any car,my last car had a problem early on but then I had three trouble free years,it sounds lIke you're ford dealer are treating you ok,interesting that other metals are suffering same fault though,hope they sort it tomorrow for you mate.

These things can happen on any car,my last car had a problem early on but then I had three trouble free years,it sounds lIke you're ford dealer are treating you ok,interesting that other metals are suffering same fault though,hope they sort it tomorrow for you mate.

Yeah hopefully I'll have a trouble free spell, but is anyone else having thoughts about there brakes in a new fiesta ? I.e. spongey and shouldn't feel like they should for a new car ?

Yeah hopefully I'll have a trouble free spell, but is anyone else having thoughts about there brakes in a new fiesta ? I.e. spongey and shouldn't feel like they should for a new car ?

That is interesting as my brakes require quite a lot of pressure to get the required effect. Might be worth a trip to the dealer especially if I suffer the issue with the revs.

That is interesting as my brakes require quite a lot of pressure to get the required effect. Might be worth a trip to the dealer especially if I suffer the issue with the revs.

mine are the same but I've but that down to the fact that all fiestas from the slowest to the fastest use the exact same brake discs and pads, I'm thinking about a possible brake upgrade just to give me the stopping power to match the grunt

'Stopping power to match the grunt'

Your metal has 134ps - the smallest 1.2 has 60. It is not the case that the brakes are not up to the job - I drive the 120ps engine, and have plenty of 'stopping power'.

I'm surprised that some of the old timers haven't mentioned the fact that we have had plenty of issues with Fiesta power loss. Primarily in connection with the mountune upgrade - but not always. I myself have experienced a few times after a 'warm restart' as it came to be known.

It should also be said, that the running in of a modern engine is not necessary. Running a new engine hard can have considerable benefit.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club