Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Power Surge

anthzm

Hi

I need some more advice please if possible.

When I turn on the lights, indicators or open/close a window my car engine seems to gain a surge of energy, which causes the engine to run quite erratically until the indicators go off, or I have finished opening the window. At night when the lights are on the same thing happens except it is constant the engine is up and down. It is only noticeable when I am sitting at the lights or in traffic.

Can anyone shed some light on this please :)

Or the car may just be haunted as the door locks will just lock themselves while i'm driving and on occasion have actually locked themselves when I have closed the door, luckily the keys weren't in the car.

Have you checked the battery? It may need replacing.

Door lock problem is probably water ingress on the locking motors.

I used to get that on my MK 1 focus.

Have you checked the battery? It may need replacing.

Door lock problem is probably water ingress on the locking motors.

I used to get that on my MK 1 focus.

I'll second that, I had a similar problem with the locks on my previous Mondeo, water getting into the locks causing all sorts of weird locking problems.

Thank you, I am probably over due a battery, as I have had the car for four years now and have never replaced it.

The locking thing is very strange, I will have to take the door panel off and have a look.

Thank you, I am probably over due a battery, as I have had the car for four years now and have never replaced it.

The locking thing is very strange, I will have to take the door panel off and have a look.

If when you take the door panel off, and if you find water in the mechanism; when the lock is fixed you need to stop water getting back into the door.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club