Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How did you get your New Fiesta?

Nipz

I'd ring the dealer and say you dont want it registered in February then.

My dealer has been ringing me and keeping me updated with the car.

Yeah, probably. :D

How many Fiestas are due at their dealers on the 7th March (Saturday) as there seem to be lots due then including mine (I mean the wifes :rolleyes: )

Car was built (according to Ford database) in Cologne on the 11th Feb. I checked today and it has passed through from Dagenham Docks to Dag Rail. So, next stop Halewood by choo-choo. ETA is still w/e 7th March at the dealers. Yeah, that should be next week. B)

Car was built (according to Ford database) in Cologne on the 11th Feb. I checked today and it has passed through from Dagenham Docks to Dag Rail. So, next stop Halewood by choo-choo. ETA is still w/e 7th March at the dealers. Yeah, that should be next week. B)

Your dealer seams to be better than mine!

Even though mine left on the 9th the system only just updated yesterday to say so! I'm hoping my car is def in the country and nearly on it's way down, now that it's nealry a week late.

I'm hoping to get mine the latest Monday!

Mine was built on 12th Feb and was at the docks on the 19th Feb, had a call today saying there is a delay on them and mine might not come till end of next week now :(

I cant believe that mine was built on the 5th but according to the ford database still says its just left for the sea!!! Why the hell cant my dealer get the same info as you guys?!

I cant believe that mine was built on the 5th but according to the ford database still says its just left for the sea!!! Why the hell cant my dealer get the same info as you guys?!

Nipz, your dealer might be right. It might be my dealers telling me porkies to keep me sweet although I think it's probably genuine. I don't know how long cars are at Dag Rail for? You'd have thought that once they make the rail side they'd be on their way to Halewood pronto? I'll try my dealer again at the end of the week for an update.

Nipz, your dealer might be right. It might be my dealers telling me porkies to keep me sweet although I think it's probably genuine. I don't know how long cars are at Dag Rail for? You'd have thought that once they make the rail side they'd be on their way to Halewood pronto? I'll try my dealer again at the end of the week for an update.

The part that im annoyed at is that its a week over due and no news... i think my dealer is just sh*t!

Cars are taking ages to come over at the mo. i have loads of customers who are in the same boat. I check everyday for all of my customers and as soon as i can put the car on a priority build. The problem we have as dealers is that if ford dont update our computer system so we cant give the customer any new info. Head banging moment for both the dealer and customer.

answer to the original question Ford Options over two years on the new fiesta is the best way to buy the car! Put it this way i did it that way for my girlfriend!

Cars are taking ages to come over at the mo. i have loads of customers who are in the same boat. I check everyday for all of my customers and as soon as i can put the car on a priority build. The problem we have as dealers is that if ford dont update our computer system so we cant give the customer any new info. Head banging moment for both the dealer and customer.

answer to the original question Ford Options over two years on the new fiesta is the best way to buy the car! Put it this way i did it that way for my girlfriend!

Can you help me out with why my car is showing that its only just left the factory when i was told it would leave on the 9th. And why Truly55 is updating more than mine?

i would if i could! our computer systems only let us look at our cars and also cars in our dealer group. I would speak to your sales guy as its down to them to look every day and check where the car is. I ring my customers just to say there is no change. What dealership is it?

Hey all,

Just wondered who here outright brought there new fiesta or like me are leasing it for 2 years?

Ive gone for the leasing option so that i dont have to find £12,000 all at once and so i also get a new car every 2 years.

Just wondered everyones thoughts?

Ben

i bought mine outright, its the zetec S, in sea grey, with street pack, city pack, side skirts, bluetooth. 12k

i bought it at the end of jan but not picking it up till next thurs, which is very annoying as it was at the dealers when i bought it,

but least i get it on an '09 plate

i would if i could! our computer systems only let us look at our cars and also cars in our dealer group. I would speak to your sales guy as its down to them to look every day and check where the car is. I ring my customers just to say there is no change. What dealership is it?

Its Vospers in plymouth.

I only get updates when i ring them, and they never return my calls to be honest!

Just cant see how there is no up dates...

Its Vospers in plymouth.

I only get updates when i ring them, and they never return my calls to be honest!

Just cant see how there is no up dates...

That's pretty shabby service. I would have a word with the Business Manager at your dealer. Your car went through the factory before mine so you'd have thought it would be at least as far up the line. Here's a thought - I know, according to the database, that mine was assembled in Cologne, but if yours is from Valencia (?) would that change matters as it's a longer journey to the UK? The Ford database will show where your car was assembled. Nipz, go and see the manager and ask for an explanation.

My mums friend knows the owner of the dealership so were speaking to them tomorrow. Do all the cars not get made in the same place? I got told mine was built in Germany (Cologne). Same as yours...

Where you get the Valencia from :)

My Fiesta is being built (well should have been built!) in Valencia!

I have been told I should get it by the end of next week but "nothing was promised"

Is it true the car has to be in the UK for a week before it can be registered?

Mine is in the sea somewhere...on the way here or something?! Lets hope thats what she means.

My dealer has been really good and kept me informed, told me when she will next ring me etc.

Quick up date: After my mum rang this morning, suddenly my dealer rang me with an update. My car is in Dag, got in yday, but still not going to be here until end of next week. She said normally it will take another 2 weeks, but managed to get it shorter.

Poohbear: The car isnt registered until it gets to your dealer and is all checked over. Well thats what ive just been told.

So does it take a week from when my dealer gets it for me to have it?!

I'm getting fed up of not having a car and waiting now...I am the most impatient person ever!

So does it take a week from when my dealer gets it for me to have it?!

I'm getting fed up of not having a car and waiting now...I am the most impatient person ever!

Poohbear, if your dealer has the car he should be able to turn it around by the following day. He simply needs to carry out the Pre Delivery Inspection (PDI), tax it, insure it for the week for you and wash & wax it. Simples! In theory you could get it the same day but the following day is not too much to ask.

Thanks for that 55.

I hope it comes over soon! My dealer is not known for being very good at telling you the accurate information, which annoys me! I'm having diamondbrite but have told them to leave it till ive got the car and will take it back and have that done!

Poohbear: The car isnt registered until it gets to your dealer and is all checked over. Well thats what ive just been told.

When imported my new audi 6 years ago I had it registered and got plates and tax when the car was not at the dealers in Holland. All I needed was the certificate of conformance which included the chasis number and other details plus an invoice which the deler had sent to me.

My fiesta will not be ready until 20 April and the dealer must register it by the end of March to get the pre Feb price I bought it for. He will provide me with a chassis and reg no on 30 Mar, when he will ask for full payment.

Hope I don't get ripped off.

Can I just ask, why is it taking till the 21st april if you got the pre feb price?

I have no idea. I was told 8 to 12 weeks delivery, so I suppose this is about 11 weeks. In mid Feb my wife did change the colour from Hot magenta to black, but the date did not chage more than a few days. Lets see what happens. I am getting a bit excited, having driven a demo for a couple of days and found it to have fantastic handling, stering and ride for a small car.

They are fantastic, I have driven a lot of cars and took me over a year to decide what i wanted. The fiesta was first car i loved from the start and i could just drive it really well from the start.

Knew I had done the right thing when I had just ordered one and came back out to get in my old fezzi, and stalled it :(