#1 phill37wales

phill37wales

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Name: phillip
  • Ford Model: zetec s
  • Year: 2012

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:55 PM

hi all just purchased the new focus zetec s 180 im having it remapped 8th may with celtic tuning , has anybody had there car remapped by them? or if not any other car users had any model or make done by celtic tuning ?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 dipz2004

dipz2004

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: Dips
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec S

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:15 AM

Hey,

Also have a 180 Zetec S.. Was thinking of having it mapped but heard that Montune Performance will be releasing an "upgrade" kit for the eco-boost engines soon which will keep the warranty intact too...

From the initial press release it looks like it's only going to upgrade it to 200bhp - which is great for those with the 150 engines but not that good for the 180s...

Let us know how the re-map goes, would be interested to know.....

#3 phill37wales

phill37wales

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:20 AM

hi dipz celtic tuning said they can take it from 180bhp to 220bhp and increase the lb from 199 to 245 they come to you to do it for £360 shall let u know when all done

#4 tomo2001

tomo2001

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus 1.6 TDCi Titanium X
  • Year: 2011

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:29 PM

What do you do at service time or when a fault means a trip to the dealer ? Is it easily reversible and can be re-installed yourself ?

#5 cuke

cuke

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Name: Chris
  • Ford Model: Mk3 Focus Titanium X

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:55 PM

Hi, my previous car, a Mk4 Mondeo, was remapped. Servicing the car at a Ford dealership didn't change the map back...
Chrs

#6 tomo2001

tomo2001

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:20 PM

Changing a map isn't the problem, it's the dealer finding the map that is !!
Are they 100% un-detectable ??, if not it's 'see you later warranty'.

(Unless it's Mountune of course.)

Aren't Bluefin maps better as they used to be removable with a device that was supplied as part of the upgrade via the OBD port ?

#7 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Lawman

• Super Mod
  • 12,894 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:05 PM

Aren't Bluefin maps better as they used to be removable with a device that was supplied as part of the upgrade via the OBD port ?

Bluefin are removable as the original and updated map are stored on the handheld unit.
You can swap the maps at any time.

#8 xxtrickzxx

xxtrickzxx

Fetish for fords

• PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Name: trev
  • Ford Model: focus st3 wagon
  • Year: 2013

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:16 PM

Bluefin are removable as the original and updated map are stored on the handheld unit.
You can swap the maps at any time.

That's what I'm waiting for really,the bluefin as it is great for putting it back to standard before any service,warranty work etc,I've emailed them too see if they are working on a re-map but had no reply yet,the trouble is now for these firms who do the handhelds is they need to know the codes for the ecu which from after the focus st,ford have made it harder for developers to crack,when I a mk7 zetec s I gave up waiting for the re- map from Superchips/bluefin and opted for the expensive but good mountune conversion which is good if you plan to keep the car for along time,because once it becomes an mp200 it stays as one.

#9 phill37wales

phill37wales

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:42 AM

the servicing dont affect me anyway as i change the car every year so if it did go back to its original settings then thats bad news for the new owner lol

#10 cuke

cuke

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Name: Chris
  • Ford Model: Mk3 Focus Titanium X

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:29 PM

Changing a map isn't the problem, it's the dealer finding the map that is !!
Are they 100% un-detectable ??, if not it's 'see you later warranty'.

(Unless it's Mountune of course.)

Hi, had mine on for two years and was never detected. Even sold the car to my local dealership with the map still in place, no questions were ever asked..
Chris

#11 Sara Fiesta

Sara Fiesta

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Name: Sara
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec 1.6 TDCI

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:08 PM

Hi, had mine on for two years and was never detected. Even sold the car to my local dealership with the map still in place, no questions were ever asked..
Chris

Hi, I never put the money away in a bank :( so got the whole thing to pay when time comes. Since this post I've spoken to work colleagues and some have taken out similar schemes and yes it's a good way of spreading the costs over 3 years. Like you I will only take my car to Fords I want a full dealer service too. :)

#12 tomo2001

tomo2001

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:26 AM

Hi, I never put the money away in a bank :( so got the whole thing to pay when time comes. Since this post I've spoken to work colleagues and some have taken out similar schemes and yes it's a good way of spreading the costs over 3 years. Like you I will only take my car to Fords I want a full dealer service too. :)

Sara, were you reading another topic when you posted your answer ?? This thread is about re-mapping the New Focus ;)

#13 xxtrickzxx

xxtrickzxx

Fetish for fords

• PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Name: trev
  • Ford Model: focus st3 wagon
  • Year: 2013

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:17 PM

WTF?

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: remap

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users