Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oil Level High?

Sara Fiesta

Hi ya all,

I check my oil regularly, last month i had a 1500 mile ford check I've now checked my oil and it's over an inch above the max mark ford have over filled it! Should I be concerned or will it burn off?

you need two open the drain plug on the sump and drain some oil out till its right leave

as this will damage your engine

cheak it when its cold

take it back to ford i wouldnt do anything to it if it were me usually it should be between the min and max when cold

It's peed me off I've done 1300 miles since they looked at it god knows what damage it's done! :-(

If you check the oil regularly why didn't you pick it up before 1,300 miles have passed ? Ford may dispute it saying that you must have topped it up.

Not playing Devils Advocate here but expect that sort of approach from the dealer !!

It might be over fueling that might be diesel in the oil thats made it come over the mark i,d take it straight back to them to get it checked out

Not wishing to state the obvious, did you check it with a cold engine and on flat ground? :wacko:

I always check the oil when the car is on my drive and has been standing for a few hours, yes my drive is flat, lol! I checked it day after delivery it was just under max, at 500 miles it's was still just under max maybe little less and at 1000 it hadn't hardly move. The car went in at 1500 for Ford check up so I didn't bother and I didn't check it when I got it back from for Fords as I thought they'd sort all that. It's now done 2300 and it's over the max by an inch! Error in my original post I'd just got up and was on the way to work, my maths arent good lol it's 800 mile not 1300 :-)

Hi ya all,

I check my oil regularly, last month i had a 1500 mile ford check I've now checked my oil and it's over an inch above the max mark ford have over filled it! Should I be concerned or will it burn off?

your high oil level isint just oil content but is normal

its your DPF has gone through a cycle of burning off the suit from the filter,

when doing this it takes some oil and diesel, mixes it with the eloys fluid and burns the suit with it,

then whats left gets put in to your sump where it drains out on your next service, all diesels with DPF are the same and mine is high too,

ive booked mine in for a service at the end of the month for the oil etc. to be changed but this is all normal operation,

but it will dilute your oil and leave it not as good as it once was at lubracting the engine due to it being diluted with fuel but its the way they are designed to operate and out of our hands.

another good reason why i do all my own work on my cars, if a so called 'ford mechanic' cant get something so simple right, what hope have you got?

take it back to them and let them know you aint too pleased about it

your high oil level isint just oil content but is normal

its your DPF has gone through a cycle of burning off the suit from the filter,

when doing this it takes some oil and diesel, mixes it with the eloys fluid and burns the suit with it,

then whats left gets put in to your sump where it drains out on your next service, all diesels with DPF are the same and mine is high too,

ive booked mine in for a service at the end of the month for the oil etc. to be changed but this is all normal operation,

but it will dilute your oil and leave it not as good as it once was at lubracting the engine due to it being diluted with fuel but its the way they are designed to operate and out of our hands.

These DPF'S are a disgrace. So not only are they expensive to replace and NEEDLESS, they also damage the engine, pollute the sump,give poor performance to the car,cause huge amounts of headaches to owners by having to replace them or the engine breaks. Is there one,just one good thing about these DPF's? :angry: :angry: :angry:

These DPF'S are a disgrace. So not only are they expensive to replace and NEEDLESS, they also damage the engine, pollute the sump,give poor performance to the car,cause huge amounts of headaches to owners by having to replace them or the engine breaks. Is there one,just one good thing about these DPF's? :angry: :angry: :angry:

The good old diesel Dpf again! no wonder Fords are going back to petrol engines.

the only advise i can give is to purchase a magnetic sump plug for your oil sump,

atleat then any metal particals will be stuck to the plug and not carried around the engine,

but please ensure you know the size of your sump plug prior to purchase because theur are various sizes available all claiming to fit ford focus,

Thanks for the replies it's booked in on Tuesday to be checked out they said an inch over that's not right!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club